Location: Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
What You'll Be Doing....
- Facilitate communication among plant personnel on EHS issues.
- Prepare materials for GO Meetings, Staff Meetings as needed
- Post documents on bulletin board(s) as needed/required
- Regularly communicate with plant staff, management, business unit EHS coordinator and corporate staff as appropriate on EHS issues, performance and challenges
- Obtain EHS permits and governmental approvals as necessary for any new or modified plant operations.
- Responsible for the maintenance and annual review/communication of Job Safety Analysis’ (JSA’s)
- Responsible for the maintenance of Ergonomic Job Measurement System (EJMS’) for all jobs on-site.
- Responsible for the administration of the Behavior Based Safety Program including conducting the required observations, communication, correction, and documentation of any findings
- Responsible for the administration of the Safety Awareness for Effectiveness (S.A.F.E.) Program
- Responsible for preparation of materials for EHS Safety & Environmental Compliance Audit (3-year cycle).
- Responsible for assigning corrective actions and closing all findings.
- Ensure full communication of Safety Alerts. Enter Sign-Off sheets in appropriate SharePoint folder.
- Conduct Training
- Deliver training modules as required, when required.
- Responsible for capturing attendance and uploading records.
- Responsible for coordination with HR/Temporary Employment Agencies for training needs with new hires.
- Lead monthly safety meetings
- Develop Agenda
- Capture information needed for monthly updates (metric data, near hit info, project updates, revolving action item list, other ad hoc data/info, Corp EHS Programs.)
- Set meeting & send invitations
- Meeting minutes development & distribution
- Ensure timely submission of required data in the EHS database:
- Monthly Headcount & labor hours
- Monthly environmental data
- Annual Plant Manager letter
- Complete & robust record keeping in the EHS database – Near Hits & Recordable-level injuries
- In the event of an injury, responsible for thorough completion of incident review process - including coordination of the incident review, analysis of the incident, and development & implementation of corrective action items.
- Attend Business Unit EHS meetings as required
- Timely response to EHS Manager/GLOG Mgmt projects & initiatives
- Populate Surveys, SharePoint files or Email responses as requested
- Attend Corporate EHS meetings as requested
- Obtain training as needed.
What your background should look like:
- Strong commitment to EHS compliance and continuous improvement
- 1-3 years of EHS working experience in a distribution center environment OR degree in Environmental, Health, Safety or other related technical fields
- Ability to communicate effectively with plant staff, management and others
- Ability to prioritize issues
- Ability to meet deliverables
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $55,400 - $83,000
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets