QLTY & RELIABILITY ENGINEER II
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity’s Quality and Reliability Engineering Teams analyze the ability of product and production systems to comply with customer and contractual requirements through established reliability factors. They design, recommend revisions and install quality control systems, develop and document analytical methods for establishing reliability of products and their components and conduct analysis on relative reliability with regards to cost, structure, weight, maintainability, facility of production, and availability of materials and equipment. Out teams develop, implement and monitor company environmental safety programs and policies to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local environmental, health and safety regulations and recommend corrective actions if necessary. They are responsible for policies and practices to comply with applicable government regulations and industry requirements related to product environmental compliance, the implementation and management of technical and testing standards and specifications, quality control and reliability programs governing materials, product and processes, resulting in the optimization of material and labor, as well as failure analysis, root cause, corrective action and customer communication.
As a Quality and Reliability Engineer, you will ensure Quality on purchase of components, assist Manufacturing plants by implementing a robust containment action in the entire supply chain and start escalation if applicable, using your knowledge on problem solving methodologies and technical expertise on the specific materials categories (Electronics & Mechatronics, Stamping, Injection Molding) working in closely with suppliers and TE plant quality teammates. Your will:
- Learn TE Production processes and confirms if supplier’s components are outside specifications.
- Create / Maintain Incoming Quality Inspection Plans (QIP) in the system in alliance with ASQ (PPAP) / SQE (Complaints) via by IQI.
- Aid with New Product (NPI) ramp up on production lines, trial runs with supplier components and other activities as requested.
- Work in conjunction with SQE during the Chargeback process.
- Will handle Training of IQI’s.
- Initiate and follows up CSLX requests to Suppliers till exit.
- Act as Liaison person between Suppliers and TE SQ internal Customers.
- Partner with SQE for Supplier Complaint 8D’s reviews / D6 Evaluation Audits / permanent problem solving & lessons learned initiation and follow up.
- Participate in the Supplier Scorecard process (i.e., response time)
- Own Containment activities in alliance with IQI (block stock, initiate sorting activities internal or external, etc.) following the local non-Conforming material procedures for Supplier products
- Own Complaint Handling / Problem Solving for external Supplier’s responsible incidents from all sources (i.e., internal and external customers, Production, Interplant, Incoming Inspection, etc.) after the safe launch period.
- Clear Quarantined material due to a Supplier Nonconformity (justified complaint)
- Manage EHS initiatives for compliance toward ISO 14001 related to SQ when applicable.
What your background should look like:
Educational Degree B.S. degree in Electrical/Mechanical/Industrial Engineering, or related field
- 3-5 years of experience within Automotive industry
- Lean Manufacturing and Problem-Solving tools expertise to include: 8D, SPC, Capability Analysis, MSA, and FMEA, CP, PPAP, Safe Launch, CSL etc.
- Basic Knowledge in GD&T to read technical drawings
- Experience handling measurement equipment, and performing measurements
- Working knowledge on the specific process (Stamping, Injection Molding, Electronic assemblies).
- Incoming Inspection Process and robust containment actions, and handling non-conforming material
- Demonstrated skills in driving actions for containing quality spills, coordinating suppliers, third-party companies, and production internal quality and materials teams
- High sense of urgency, strong communication and leadership skills
- Ability to work with a multifunctional team.
- Software, MS Office: Word, Excel; Power Point, basic knowledge in statistical software such as Minitab
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $68,800 – $103,200 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets