MGR I OPERATIONS
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Operations Managers are responsible for the day-to-day operations and short/long-term planning for the groups they manage. They manage manufacturing, production control, engineering, inventory control, EH&S, shipping/receiving, etc. focusing on the development of technologies and continuous improvement and translating customer requirements into state-of-the-art manufacturing strategies and processes.
The Operations Manager is the person responsible to:
- Provide motivational leadership to department staff and develop the needed skills of department supervisors and leads.
- Delegate objectives and tasks to department supervisors and leads while maintaining accountability for results.
- Help establish department revenue, profit, quality, on-time-delivery, 5S, and safety objectives.
- Monitor and respond appropriately to actual revenue, profit and on-time-delivery, quality and safety metrics.
- Determine staffing and resource requirements necessary to meet job delivery and profit objectives
- Evaluate work performance of employees and discipline or coach as needed.
- Maintain effective communication with all other departments.
- Determine staffing and resource requirements necessary to meet job delivery and profit objectives.
- Work with department supervisors and the Methods group to continuously improve product flow.
- Support corporate objectives to continuously improve manufacturing staff capabilities and welfare.
What your background should look like:
- Engineering or business degree and minimum 2 years related manufacturing management experience.
- Understanding of and proficiency in a variety of technical manufacturing processes.
- Capable of effective planning, scheduling, organization, implementation, and monitoring to ensure that established schedules are met. Ability to compute tolerances, convert metric to inches and inches to metric, some knowledge of trigonometry.
- Complete working knowledge of PC use including Excel and Word. Ability to read blueprints.
- Provide initiative, creativity, and focus towards the challenges and opportunities presented.
- Experience in any of the following manufacturing environments will be considered a big plus:
- Medical manufacturing environment -TOC manufacturing environment - ISO 9002 regulated manufacturing environment - FDA regulated manufacturing environment
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $105,600 – 158,400 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets