Training Technical Specialist II
Location: Wilsonville, Oregon
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
This position will conduct company-wide training activities, including new hire activities and ongoing employee development activities. This position will assist with working with area Subject Matter Experts as necessary to develop curriculum and/or research issues surrounding curriculum development. In addition, this position will lead Professional Development Training, including but limited to Leadership Development training. This position shall also develop, revise, implement and deliver custom training programs, including presentations and resource material. This position shall serve as a back-up to administer the company training database system. Maintains database by identifying and solving database requirements and supporting users.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Researches, plans, organizes and conducts training programs to company personnel.
- Conduct high level Leadership and Professional Development training.
- Create material for new training programs; reviews, evaluates and modifies existing and proposed programs; recommends appropriate changes.
- Prepares and distributes training aids such as instructional material, handouts, evaluation forms, quizzes and visual aids; sets up audiovisual equipment and makes presentations as needed.
- Contacts attendees and department representatives about training program.
- Schedules the appropriate classroom and prepares physical setup.
- Support New Hire Orientation as needed.
- Work with Floor Trainers to assist with Production Associate training as needed.
- Act as a resource to investigate training issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Administer training database by ensuring courses and workgroups are accurately created and maintained. Update and compile information in training database system.
- Create reports as needed to accurately show status of training assignments.
What your background should look like:
Specific Job Skills:
Possess strong skills in the area of responsibility (Training and Development). Possess planning, organizational, communication, administrative and leadership skills to meet the demands of the position, including specific skills in oral presentation skills, public speaking, and the ability to develop presentations. Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional Journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedural manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, supervisors, employees or customers. Possess computer skills, including the ability to utilize Microsoft Word, Excel, and the company’s training database system proficiently Frequent decision making, interpersonal skills, teamwork, creativity, customer service, problem analysis and independent judgment is required in the performance of position duties. Physical activities required by the work include continuous sitting, hearing, fingering, talking, reaching, and repetitive motions of hands/wrists. The position requires pushing, pulling, lifting, and carrying items weighing less than 10 pounds.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Minimum of 3 years previous training experience and understanding of training methodologies, including ability to train to technical information.
- Background in manufacturing training preferred.
- Possess strong data base administration skills.
- Possess ability to create accurate training reports.
- Possess strong presentation skills, including ability to develop presentations and possess strong oral presentation skills.
- Possess and demonstrate initiative.
- Apply excellent organizational capabilities with ability to prioritize.
- Execute excellent leadership attributes, which include communication, teamwork, follow through and motivational skills.
- Exhibit exceptional teaching skills.
- Computer and software literacy,
- Ability to work in a team environment.
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $70,720 - $106,080 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets