SR R&D/PRODUCT DVL ENGINEER
Location: Wilsonville, Oregon
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
Purpose of Position:
To design and develop new Medical cable interconnect assemblies for the Surgical and Interventional Markets.
- Design and develop new medical products to meet customer requirements within scope (e.g., performance and quality), schedule (e.g., on time delivery), and budget (e.g., price) constraints.
- Develops design solutions to complex technical problems where analysis of data requires an in-depth evaluation of many factors. Solutions will require use of ingenuity and creativity.
- Will support multiple NPI Projects and perform work without appreciable direction. Exercises considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of assignment. Provides leadership, periodic consulting, and training for less experienced team members.
- Lead initial technical reviews and cost estimation analysis of new products to support quote generation.
- Translate customer’s product requirements into achievable product specifications and design features utilizing Design for Manufacturing Principles.
- Lead FMEA (Failure Mode Effects Analysis) and risk analysis reviews on NPI (New Product Introduction) products.
- Lead a series of cross-functional design reviews throughout the NPI process.
- Document product development progress conforming to operating procedures of the Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) phase-gate system.
- Direct proof-of-concept and design verification testing and write final test reports for communication with internal and external customers.
- Ensure new designs meet relevant environmental and regulatory Design History File (DHF) requirements.
- Establish themselves as a subject matter expert in various device designs and processes.
- Represent TE’s technical capabilities to external customers.
- Resolve quality problems associated with design and act as a technical resource to other cross-functional engineers as needed.
- Implement design improvements on legacy products for cost savings.
- Work with cross-functional core teams, including Product Management, Project Management, Manufacturing Engineering, Plastic Molding, Tool and Model Shop, Quality Engineering, Purchasing, and Sales Engineering, to launch medical products.
- Properly document and internally communicate all technical discoveries, inventions, and intellectual property. Maintain confidential and proprietary information and communications as property of TE.
- Maintain current knowledge of best practices, new technologies, and equipment relative to TE products and processes.
What your background should look like:
- B.S. in Engineering (Mechanical or Electrical preferred); M.S. or Ph.D. in Engineering a plus.
- 5 or more years of related electro-mechanical product design and development engineering experience with a B.S. degree
- Medical product development experience and knowledge of FDA regulations and ISO13485 preferred.
- Six Sigma certification a plus
- Can-do attitude, resourceful, action oriented, and drive for results.
- Highly personable, team player
- Demonstrated technical contribution through creative product design solutions that have been successfully launched into the market.
- Demonstrated inventiveness through invention disclosures, patents, active participation in professional organizations, technical conference presentations, etc..
- Advanced knowledge of materials, manufacturing processes (e.g., plastic injection molding, machining, anodizing, soldering, automated assembly), sterilization, cable interconnect assemblies, bulk cable design principles, and advanced statistical techniques.
- Proficient in technical tools such as 3D CAD (Creo preferred), CAE (ANSYS preferred), DoE, FMEA, and QFD
- Effective problem skills (Fishbone, 5 Whys Analysis, A3 etc.)
- Ability to effectively manage and motivate others to meet deadlines.
- Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise and experience working with overseas suppliers. Willing to travel globally.
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills.
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With more than 85,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $107,680 – $161,520 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets