STAMPING OPERATOR II 4th Shift
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Job Type: Full time
Job Posting Title: STAMPING OPERATOR II 4th Shift
Job ID: [[id]]
Job Code: 30004166
Business Unit: GLOBAL AUTOMOTIVE (10002006)
Building: Greensboro Pegg (253)
Hiring Manager: Muhammad Ali
Recruiter: Charlyn Elliott
Travel: Less than 10%
Employee Referral Amount:
Education Experience: Other
Employment Experience: Less than 1 year
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Stamping Teams operate assigned automated stamping machinery, ensure component flow, and troubleshoot and correct machinery issues to ensure quality and productivity. They perform changeovers and setups according to production schedules, perform quality checks according to established processes, and document the results as required by our quality procedures. Every team member is responsible for maintaining housekeeping and organization of the work area and following TE Connectivity's EH&S policies and procedures.
Are you looking for a fast-paced and growing business to join? Do you pride yourself on completing meaningful and quality work? If so, TE wants you! We seek motivated, dependable, and team- oriented Stamping Operators to join our growing automotive team in Greensboro, NC. At TE, our stamping team is responsible for operating high-speed stamping presses. This includes making minor adjustments to auxiliary equipment. These roles exist to support production and ensure that our customer commitments are always met on time. TE Connectivity's Stamping Teams operate assigned automated stamping machinery, ensure component flow, and troubleshoot and correct machinery issues to ensure quality and productivity. They perform changeovers and setups according to production schedules, perform quality checks according to established processes, and document the results as required by our quality procedures. Every team member is responsible for maintaining housekeeping and organization of the work area and following TE Connectivity's EH&S policies and procedures.
What TE Offers
Our commitment to our associates includes offering total rewards benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive, and meet the changing needs of our team members.
- The opportunity to build lifesaving products for our customers
- Competitive base pay based on experience; with a 2nd 3rd 4th and 5th shift premium pay.
- Annual pay increases based on company & individual performance
- Employee referral program
- 401(k) retirement savings with generous company match
- Tuition reimbursement to support your development and education goals
- ten weeks of paid maternal and paternal time off and ease back to work
- Competitive paid time off
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Comprehensive health and wellness benefits for team members and their families with benefits starting day one, company-funded health savings accounts, and company-paid-term long-term disability.
The Stamping Operator II is responsible for the operation of high-speed stamping presses. This includes making minor adjustments to auxiliary equipment.
- Operate stamping press, assemble reels (plastic and cardboard) at standard production rate, load empty reels on reeler, label completed reels and take off cart and place on reel cart and/or package at press, monitor vision system, and press lubrication.
- Perform quality checks per the quality inspection plan (QIP). This includes visual checks with a microscope.
- Taking specified measurements per print at required intervals using comparator ram optic toolmakers scope gages, etc.
- Documentation during shift including IPCS, trace, documenting repair log during shift.
- Order raw metal and change stock when needed using Andon. Thread up die and locate strip and restart press if properly trained on the specific die.
- Operate auxiliary equipment, use strip welder to connect strips together, vision system. - 5S
- Housekeeping and organization. Remove scrap and change scrap pan as required. Empty trash.
- Make minor press adjustments to lube system, air pressure and ram height.
- Retrieve components (carts from staging area with completed reels) for re-reeling and components for grease machine.
- Operate re-reeler when applicable to the specific process, EX: press 3, 4 and 41. Place full reel on de-reeler, thread to reeler. Load onto reel cart after re-reeling.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Ability to read, comprehend, and follow written English procedures; understand and follow verbal English instructions.
- HS diploma or GED is required.
- Vocational or technical training for a manufacturing environment or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Basic computer skills
- Must be able to move materials weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to remain in stationary position 75% of the time Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Must be able to operate machinery
- Must be able to move between work zones
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work to successfully accomplish job duties.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and use various measuring devices. 1-year prior experience in a manufacturing environment.
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With more than 85,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $32,900- $49,300 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets