ASSEMBLY OPERATOR III - 2nd Shift
Location: Mount Joy, Pennsylvania
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Assembly Teams operate assigned automated assembly machinery, ensure component flow, troubleshoot and correct machinery issues to ensure quality and productivity. They perform changeovers and setups according to production schedule, perform quality checks according to established processes and document the results as required by our quality procedures. Every team member is responsible for maintaining housekeeping and organization of the work area as well as following TE Connectivity's EH&S policies and procedures.
2nd Shift: 4:00 p.m. 2:00 a.m. (Monday through Thursday - 10 hour shifts)
The second shift offers a 10 percent shift differential.
As Assembly Operator, you will;
- Preparing machines and equipment for daily use
- Perform changeover and set-up functions
- Communicate with technician and supervisor any issues that may arise during operations
- Use of inspection tools, independently complete quality inspection documentation, and make necessary adjustments, understand gauging and visual inspection tooling, attention to detailed processes
- Work with team to troubleshoot, set up, assembly, and/or flow issues
- Perform quality work checks to ensure the product meets quality standards
- Identify product defects and complete appropriate documentation and notification when defects are identified
What your background should look like:
- Extensive experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with and ability to perform set-up operations, and handle change-over responsibilities
- Experience interacting with mechanical systems and ability to troubleshoot assembly machines or equipment
- Proficient with use of inspection equipment such as calipers, micrometers, and optical comparators for dimensional inspection of materials
- Proven record of using inspection data to make mechanical and program changes to achieve part specifications
- Read, interpret, and follow basic blueprints, diagrams, engineering drawings, specifications, bills of materials, and other written instructions or procedures to accurately set up and assemble products
- Basic computer navigation and utilization skills
- Ability to read and write English
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
- Understanding of GD&T is a plus
- This position requires access to information which is subject to stringent controls under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Applicants must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. lawful permanent resident, person granted asylee status in the U.S., or person admitted into the U.S. as a refugee.
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With more than 85,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $18-$22(subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets