Senior Data Project Manager
Location: Middletown, Pennsylvania
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
At TE we strongly believe that data and analytics are strategic drivers for future success. We are investing significantly in building Data Management and D&A architecture team. The Data team at TE is part of the TE Information Solutions (TEIS) Organization and is responsible for driving organic growth by leveraging Data and Analytics. The team reports to the VP and Chief Data Officer at TEIS, works closely with the SVP of Corporate Strategy, and has regular interactions with the company’s C-Suite. This position will directly report to the Director of Data Management and D&A Architecture.
We are on an exciting journey to build and scale our Data and Analytics (D&A) practice; in this position you will apply your skills to unlock opportunities and enable top strategic priorities for TE. You will be working on problems that require big data and advance analytical architecture capabilities to create value for diverse business functions such as supply chain, pricing, Industrial IOT & digital factory implementation, digital marketing, and sales growth, and will impact business units that span through multiple geographic areas.
- The ideal candidate will manage a large team to deliver acquisition of structured and unstructured data from internal and external sources, Data Platform consolidation, Creating/certifying data assets leveraging Data Mesh/Fabrics other newer technologies, Vetting, and delivering Platform and Services need for Data, BI, AI and Self-Service leveraging Cloud and on-premises.
- Acts as the translator and negotiator between the business, D&A teams, and other IT teams.
- Apply project controls that may include but not limited to: Project scoping, identification of timelines and key milestones, tracking project outcomes, budget, status reporting, managing risk and issue logs, change control, and post implementation reviews.
- Manage conversation and alignment at all levels up to VP/GM and follow through.
- Drive technical and business teams to meet project milestones through collaboration and influence.
- Manage Data Strategy and develop business cases / ROI
- Own all communication and collaboration channels pertaining to assigned projects, including regular stakeholder review meetings and cross team alignments.
- Work closely with the business, segment analytics, IT teams and partners to deliver the outcome and help drive adoption.
- Track business impact/value enabled through D&A solutions.
- Train and mentor junior project managers
- Support and assist corporate governance process with scoping process for large projects.
What your background should look like:
- 10+ years of experience as Project Manager and/or program management for large projects
- 8+ years of professional experience with design and implementation of complex, enterprise-wide related to data & Analytics architecture, data management, and Data Platform migration programs
- Data experience – Data person who can understand and document 1. How data created in Production systems makes its way across systems? 2. Architecture patterns required to deliver the data for various consumptions patterns like AI/BI/App/Self-Service
- Should have experience in building out business cases / ROI / Enterprise Data Strategy roadmap.
- Highly motivated, strong attention to detail, ability to prioritize and balance tasks/risks in ambiguous and complex situations.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, time-management, analytical and critical thinking skills
- Leveraged data with leading/lagging measures to manage project execution to ensure adherence to budge.
- Experience in guiding & providing direction to cross-functional and globally dispersed project team.
- Practice excellent written and verbal communication skills, including clear articulation of business impact and technical constraints tailored to the audience up to executives.
- In depth knowledge in PMO standards, principles, methodologies (Agile & Waterfall) and industry trends.
- Ability to learn new development tools and productivity tools to continuously improve effectiveness.
- Flexibility to work occasional hours outside normal business, according to business needs.
- Experience of managing Data Projects deployment leveraging Cloud and On-premises
- Ability to operate and perform in a fast-paced environment managing few projects at a time.
- Experience in Agile-Scrum methodology, certification will be ideal.
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity
- PMO certification (PMP, Scrum Master)
- Exposure toe Data Engineering, D&A architecture patterns, BI and AI
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferably in Business or Information Management
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With more than 85,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $125,600-188,400 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets