R&D/PRODUCT DVL TECHNICIAN III
Location: Carpinteria, California
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity’s R&D/Product Development Engineering Teams conceive original ideas for new products, introduce them into practice. They are charged with product development, and qualification from market definition through production and release; assist in the qualification of suppliers for new products to ensure suppliers deliver quality parts, materials, and services for new or improved manufacturing processes; conduct feasibility studies, testing on new and modified designs; direct and support detailed design, testing, prototype fabrication and manufacturing ramp. The R&D/Product Development Engineering Teams provide all required product documentation including, but not limited to, Solid Model, 2D/3D production drawings, product specifications, and testing requirements. They create and modify detailed drawings and drafting or conceptual models from layouts, rough sketches or notes and contribute to design modifications to facilitate manufacturing operation or quality of product. Typical fields of expertise include: materials, mechanics and systems, electrical, optics, chemistry, software, automation systems, packaging, testing and measurement, and manufacturing of electrical, mechanical and electronic components, products, and their integration into systems.
The Kilovac Product design center develops various High Voltage DC power switching devices and associated power distribution equipment for a wide variety of Military and Commercial applications. As part of the Product Engineering team, the candidate will primarily perform Mechanical and Electrical Engineering Technician tasks under the supervision of the Engineering team but may also be required to collaborate on a wider range of tasks, including, but not limited to, test equipment support and development, electrical circuit assembly and testing. The successful candidate should be able take on a wide range of tasks such as mechanical assembly, PCBA fabrication, and basic electrical and mechanical testing. The candidate will also be required to assist team members with administrative tasks such as preparing products for shipping, preparing purchase requisitions using the ERP system, and placing orders using a company credit card.
- Experience with PCBA assembly; Soldering, de-soldering, and IPC standard practices.
- Ability to setup and use typical lab electronics test equipment such as meters, power supplies, oscilloscopes, etc.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical schematics.
- Experience with PCB and Schematic Layout Software such as Altium, or other desired.
- Ability to utilize basic hand tools to perform mechanical assembly of prototype hardware.
- Ability to maintain focus and complete tasks on time.
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- Experience with ERP systems – SAP a plus
- Solid modeling using Creo, Space Claim or similar is a plus.
What your background should look like:
- HS Diploma or local equivalent and 4 years or relevant work experience; Associate/Technical Degree in related discipline and 2 years of related work experience preferred.
- Travel: Not required for this position.
- Work From Home (WFH) is not supported for this position. Candidate is expected to perform job duties during a typical 40-hour work week on site at the noted position location.
- Due to the nature of the typical projects (ITAR, CUI), US Citizenship is Required
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With more than 85,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience:$63,184k - 94,776k annually (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets