ACCOUNT MANAGER IV
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
The TE Sensors (TES) business unit of TE Connectivity has an opportunity for an experienced Technical Sales Engineer (TSE) to drive revenue and new business opportunities in the Mass Market Account Base. The successful candidate will be responsible for growing TES product sales thru TE Connectivity’s distribution channel. They will be the focal point of contact and establish relationships with distributor teams and key engineering stakeholders at channel served customers. The TSE will serve as the local technical resource for the mass market in the assigned territory, and will provide product knowledge, technical expertise, product application information and overall business support.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Drive indirect distributor sales performance and meet sales targets by reviewing assigned distributor performance with branches including top/bottom customers, GPL trends, new product performance and competitive cross reference activities.
- Support distribution market managers (DMMs) to drive mindshare and promotion of TES products among distributor teams
- Achieve a solid understanding of TES product portfolio and new product launch roadmap.
- Function as the technical interface between the customer’s engineers and the TES product management and engineering community on existing products and new product development opportunities.
- Establish relationships with key customer engineering contacts and decision makers.
- Create awareness of product opportunities across various applications through opportunity identification sessions, branch training and joint customer visits with distributor field sales representatives.
Key Goals & Objectives/Measurements:
- TES BU product indirect (POS) revenue growth within the assigned regional territory.
- Growth of Opportunity Pipeline in Assigned Territory.
- Advancing and closing key new business opportunities (Conversion Rate).
- Provide technical support for TES BU products at local distributor branch offices within the assigned regional territory.
What your background should look like:
- BS degree in Engineering or BA/BBA with a focus in Business, Management or Marketing
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in technical field sales
- Experience working with Distribution (Channel Distributors preferred)
- Sales/Engineering experience in the sensor industry a plus
- Experience working with MS Power Point, Excel, Word, and Outlook (Salesforce is a plus)
- Must be willing and able to travel a minimum of 50% of the time
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With more than 85,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $115,760-173,640 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets