Location: Salunga-Landisville, Pennsylvania
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
Functions under the Operations Manager responsibility, either directly or indirectly, include manufacturing, engineering, quality and supply chain activities; Defines goals, improves technologies, and resolves problems. Translates customer requirements into state-of-the-art manufacturing strategies and processes, resulting in cost-effective processing and profitable manufacturing of products. Develops operations-related plans, budgets, and policies and procedures. This position reports to the Sr. Manager of Operations.
- Set and clarify requirements and expectations for direct and matrixed reports based on the strategic direction and needs of the business.
- Plan, direct and monitor production activities with the objective of maximizing the use of organizational resources to meet or exceed established targets for Safety, TEOA (LEAN), COE, Quality, Delivery, Cost, Employee Engagement and Talent Development.
- Drive the creation and deployment of Continuous Improvement initiatives which enable functional areas and the site to meet or exceed its Operating plan. Take proactive steps to ensure best practices are shared. Drive standard work for safety, quality, inventory, scrap etc.
- Develop action plans and make operational decisions on policies, tactics and resources critical to the site’s operational success thus ensuring successful delivery against targets and strategy.
- Deliver an extraordinary customer experience. Understand the demand from the customer and plan materials and production in alignment with plan. Understand the extended value stream from procurement, through production to delivery and beyond. Focus on quality expectations of the customer and creating an extraordinary customer experience including but not limited to continuously improving ship to request rate, reduction of customer complaints/issues while balancing cost.
- Plan materials and production around the needs of the customer. Develop and implement production operating budget and plan. Allocate appropriate resources and monitor goal attainment. Develop headcount requirements and work to align with achieving operations plan.
- Partner with support staff and matrixed reports to ensure the support and resources provided align with the needs of the operation.
- Measure performance (results and behaviors) while providing timely performance feedback and coaching. Mentor, coach and engage team. Resolve issues with people or functions to achieve targeted performance targets/metrics. Retain and develop key talent. Hold others accountable based on their personal performance results/behaviors as well as team results/behaviors versus expectations/targets.
- Drive strategic workforce planning and successful talent development strategies aligned to business needs, strategic succession planning outcomes/requirements, and seasonality.
What your background should look like:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Manufacturing or Technology preferred. Associate or Equivalent education and or additional operational experience will be considered.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working with a manufacturing organization with proven success in processes improvement/optimization which increased production.
- Must have good working knowledge of MRP/ERP planning and execution concepts.
- TS16949, ISO 14001 Audit experience
- Knowledge of Operations Management and contemporary manufacturing/quality methods and systems
- Knowledge of Statistical Process Control
- Supervisor experience required
- General knowledge of financial terms and concepts.
- Lean, Six Sigma, TPS, or DMAIC experience is strongly desired.
- Experience working with multiple customers and suppliers in high volume manufacturing facility
- Strong business acumen, excellent time management skills to manage multiple projects and demands, and have the ability to manage a diverse group of employees.
- Must be proficient in English language.
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With more than 85,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $121,920 - $182,880 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets