MANUFACTURING TECHNICIAN II - Mold Designer - Hybrid Role
Location: Winston-Salem, North Carolina
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
The Advanced Manufacturing Process Development (AMPD) is seeking to fill the position of Plastic Injection Mold Designer. The position is in a fast passed, highly technical organization. The designer role will provide all the required documentation(s) to construct high precision plastic injection molds. This includes but not limited to 3D CAD Models, 2D CAD drawings and Manufacturing specifications. Responsibility also involves manufacturing support, quality assurance, improvement and maintenance of existing mold designs. Other related duties will be assigned to support the mold design function and AMPD overall.
- Works with Engineers to layout, design and detail components to meet design objectives.
- Develops designs, details and assemblies for plastic injection molds and mold tooling
- Updates mechanical drawings and process engineering changes
- Performs tolerance analysis and dimensional checks of designs
- Creates 3D models, 2D drawings and Specifications for mold construction
- Support Digital Design Management and Model Based Definition
- Ensures and works with Production to implement any necessary safety controls or procedures.
This is a Hybrid role Monday to Friday 8 am to 5 pm - 3 days at home and 2 days in plant. OT opportunities are available.
What your background should look like:
- Completed an Associate Degree program in Mechanical Design, Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Technology, or related subject or equivalent work experience
- Working knowledge of PTC Creo, PTC Windchill/PDMLink and AutoCAD is desirable
- Automotive Connector molding experience preferred
- Experience or interest in the development and design of plastic injection molds and mechanical devises
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools and principals involved in technical plans, drawings, models and tooling.
- Effective interpretation and application of GD&T
- Effective Mechanical Aptitude
- Has a background working with or around mechanical devises and mechanisms is preferred
- Has a basic understanding of manufacturing technologies such as molding, machining and component assemblies.
- Good application skills of Microsoft Office tools such as Excel, Word and Outlook
- Possesses strong interpersonal, teamwork and organizational skills
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Effective communications skills (oral & written)
- Must be proficient in the English language
- Skilled in Volume Graphics desirable
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With more than 85,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $40,080 – $60,120 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets