QLTY & RELIABILITY TECHNICIAN I
Location: Redwood City, California
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity’s Quality and Reliability Engineering Teams analyze the ability of product and production systems to comply with customer and contractual requirements through established reliability factors. They design, recommend revisions and install quality control systems, develop and document analytical methods for establishing reliability of products and their components and conduct analysis on relative reliability with regards to cost, structure, weight, maintainability, facility of production, and availability of materials and equipment. Out teams develop, implement and monitor company environmental safety programs and policies to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local environmental, health and safety regulations and recommend corrective actions if necessary. They are responsible for policies and practices to comply with applicable government regulations and industry requirements related to product environmental compliance, the implementation and management of technical and testing standards and specifications, quality control and reliability programs governing materials, product and processes, resulting in the optimization of material and labor, as well as failure analysis, root cause, corrective action and customer communication.
- Perform all tasks in a safe manner.
- Understand and fully utilize all ISO procedures, control charts, histograms, CpK, and other SPC tools and
measurements; recommend improvements based on statistical data and observation.
- Operate all diagnostic equipment needed to perform the job.
- Perform all in-process and finished product testing as required by specification or as assigned by management.
- Coordinate with QA Leadership, Shift Supervisor/Leader, Process Engineer, and other Operations team members to
resolve issues or discrepancies.
- Actively participate in safety, product, and compliance audit.
- Enter correct data into the database, perform analysis of data, and report trends that indicate process issues.
- Actively participate in continuous improvement initiatives for the QA and Operations teams.
- Communicate effectively with internal customers as well as co-workers to solve problems and enhance capabilities
of the team.
- Other duties as assigned.
What your background should look like:
Education: High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
Certifications: Must maintain internal QA Lab Inspector Certification that documents acceptable job knowledge and adherence to required procedures.
Work Experience: Three to Six months related experience and/or training. Must be familiar with commonly accepted standard lab testing concepts, practices, and procedures.
Experience using Personal computers with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Windows, and Word.
Language English (Read, write, speak, understand)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects or tools; controls; reach with hands and arms, twist the torso, talk or hear. Occasionally required to climb stairs; balance, stoop; and kneel. The employee must periodically lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time; dust; heat; cold; humidity; and odors. The noise level in the work environment varies and hearing protection is required in some areas.
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With more than 85,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $45,344 – $68,016 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets