SR MGR BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE - Eastern Zone Remote
Location: Middletown, Pennsylvania
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity Ltd. is a $16.2 billion global technology and manufacturing leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. For more than 75 years, our connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, have enabled advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com
We are building an advanced analytics team that is solving some of the most complex strategic problems delivering topline growth and operational efficiencies across our business. The Sr. Manager role is part of the AD&M Pricing & Product Management team and will lead the planning and implementation of analytics initiatives across multiple functions globally. The ideal candidate has demonstrated experience in working closely with the business, identifying/defining analytics opportunities, and leading analytics initiatives that deliver significant and measurable value in a global industrial setting. This position will be instrumental in shaping our analytics vision and strategic roadmap and elevating our analytics presence and maturity with our business users.
This role will collaborate with leaders across product management and pricing to understand business priorities, and identify and define use cases for data analytics that drive growth, and deliver extraordinary customer experience and operational efficiencies. This includes turning strategies into tangible initiatives and projects detailed against execution timelines. For this role, a proven leader with demonstrated success leading cross-functional teams as well as driving strategic initiatives throughout a sizable organization is essential.
The Sr. Manager leads the Data Insights & Analytics team to drive automation in reporting and streamline information flow. Therefore, the person in this role must be an expert in their field and confident in interacting with the stakeholders and proposing solutions. As the Business Unit increases investment in business intelligence infrastructure this role will continue to build the team and drive our digital transformation.
Please note: This position may involve working with technical data, technology, software/source code, hardware, or other items (collectively “items) subject to U.S. and non-U.S. export control laws and regulations. Under these regulations, it may be necessary for TE to verify a candidate’s national origin and/or citizenship status to determine whether a U.S. or other government export license is required before releasing its technologies to the candidate. If TE determines that TE will require a license or will be prohibited by applicable laws from providing the candidate with items necessary for the performance of this position, then TE expressly reserves the right to either a) make an offer of employment contingent upon TE receiving required export licenses from the appropriate government agency, b) consider the candidate for a different position that is not subject to such restrictions, on whatever terms and conditions TE shall establish in its sole discretion or c) decline to move forward with the candidate’s application.
- Lead the Data Insights & Analytics team and oversee all aspects of analytics and business intelligence projects
- Implement the overall analytics and business intelligence strategy, fostering data literacy and data culture throughout the product management and pricing team
- Define the teams’ scope of work, allocate resources to the respective business priorities and further support them in generating insights
- Create strong relationships with the cross-functional stakeholders throughout the business unit
- Define data standards, improve capabilities and respective architectures, which facilitate self-service analytics across the business unit
- Use advanced data modeling, predictive modeling, and analytical techniques to interpret key insights from enterprise data and translate those insights into initiatives that support business outcomes
- Collaborate with leaders across the business to support and implement high-value, data- driven decisions
- Supporting business unit with specific evaluations as well as analyzing and preparing data, data sources and interfaces of different (structured and unstructured) formats
- Identify potential solution scenarios, systems and data sources to support prototype and product realization
- Create compelling, persuasive presentation materials to communicate business case/value and recommendations clearly and concisely
What your background should look like:
- Bachelor’s degree required; preferably in Computer Science, Data Science, Analytics Statistics, Applied Mathematics, or other quantitative fields
- 8+ years experience in applying Data & Analytics to solve business problems and 3+ years managing a Data team
- Proficient in AWS Redshift, Python, Business Objects (TED 2.0), and data visualization tools (Tableau, Power BI)
- Strong understanding of statistics and mathematics
- Experience helping business teams develop and track effective KPIs/metrics
- Must have experience leading, implementing, or transitioning data platforms
- Deep knowledge of current and emerging digital technology
- Combination of strategic, tactical, and leadership skills; experience managing a team
- Customer-focus with a strong level of proactiveness and listening skills. Ability to quickly anticipate, solve, and address analytic needs
- Problem Solving, Analytics, Work Structure and Management, and Communications
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills and inquisitive disposition
- Ability to solve complex business problems using a hypothesis-driven approach
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to summarize complex analysis into the most important points and insights
- Skilled in organizing and integrating information
- Excellent active listening skills
- Thought leadership and business expertise
- Track record of problem-solving
- Ability to apply strategy tools, frameworks, and processes
- People, Teamwork, and Leadership
- High cross-cultural awareness
- Being hands-on, ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Able to work effectively with team members at multiple levels of the organization
- Strong relationship builder
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With more than 85,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $148,160 - 222,240 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off, and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets