Senior Manager Project Management Office - East Coast Remote
Location: Middletown, Pennsylvania
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
The ADM Business Unit (BU) focuses on the development and continued sustaining of products in the fields of Aerospace, Space, Defense, and Marine Oil & Gas.
The Project Management Office is a focal point within the Engineering function, providing strategy and execution excellence leadership in Project Management for the group. The main area of responsibility covered by the team is Project and Portfolio Leadership over new Technology/Product Development, Productivity, and Business Process Improvement projects.
Please note: This position may involve working with data, technology, software/ hardware, or other items subject to U.S. and non-U.S. export control laws and regulations. As such, it may be necessary for TE to verify a candidate’s national origin and/or citizenship status to determine whether a U.S. or other government export license is required before releasing its technologies to the candidate. If TE determines that TE will require a license or be prohibited by applicable laws from providing the candidate with items necessary for the performance of this position, then TE expressly reserves the right to a) make an offer of employment contingent upon TE receiving required export licenses from the appropriate government agency, b) consider the candidate for a different position that is not subject to such restrictions, on whatever terms and conditions TE shall establish in its sole discretion or c) decline to move forward with the candidate’s application.
- Create a transformation plan to mature the existing PMO and develop world-class methodologies and behaviors,
- Lead the PMO organization through New Product Introductions (NPI), including all phases of product development and launch,
- Develop improvement strategies that will reduce costs, control resource expenditure, and drive business growth,
- Partner with cross-functional organizations across the BU to align strategies in all areas of responsibility to maximize business growth potential and ensure parallel and complimentary transformation,
- Provide advice and technical knowledge to the wider organization on all areas of industry standard and best-in-class performance criteria for their areas of responsibility,
- Define suitable KPIs to monitor progress against targets.
- Create a people strategy to support continued growth and business continuity,
- Optimize the team structure aligned to changing business needs and continued growth,
- Create mechanisms to:
- Define competency requirements for all roles within the group to support development and succession planning,
- Impartially manage performance, reward, and benefits,
- Develop communication and employee engagement strategies,
- Coordinate professional development opportunities within the wider engineering organization to support the development of a high-performing, engaged workforce, capable of scaling in line with business growth.
What your background should look like:
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following skills:
- Market awareness: Strong business acumen with a thorough understanding of the interdependencies across the cross-functional groups key to new product development activities.
- Technically proficient in all aspects of project and portfolio management
- Change Agent: Innovates to create productivity, commits to change across the organization, identifies opportunities to streamline, and removes barriers to execution.
- Bias for Action: Drives Ownership, and problem-solving, and delivers results.
- Collaborator and Influencer: with a proven track record of forging excellent relationships across organizations and with senior leadership.
- Pace and Passion: Ability to work in a fast-paced, global results focused matrix environment,
- Team-Builder: With high cross-cultural awareness, strong listening skills, an empowering style, and a commitment to performance/professional development.
- Agility and Resilience: Embeds a winning culture that is responsive and adaptable to change, collaborative yet accountable, ensuring the right example is set.
- 10+ years of leadership in a multi-national, product, and technology development environment with a preference for experience in either or a combination of PMO, Engineering leadership, or Business Transformation.
- Track record of delivering consistent and demonstrable year-over-year improvements aligned to business strategy,
- Experience defining and scaling PMO process excellence programs, tools, and initiatives,
- Experience in Agile Product Development and combination waterfall/agile project management,
- Experience in driving risk mitigation and using risk tracking tools to improve overall business performance and gaining business unit acceptance of risk mitigation tools and methodologies,
- Experience in design engineering and the product development stage gate process,
- Proficiency in standard reporting/presentation and data analysis tools
- PMP (or comparable alternative) qualified,
- Experience in Six Sigma and Lean methodologies is desirable
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With more than 85,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $155,840 - 233,760 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off, and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets