SENIOR MANAGER BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
Location: #, PA, US, _
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
The Senior Manager of Business Development will work closely with customers, partners, cross-functional stakeholders, and executive leaders in the development and execution of growth strategies, with special attention on Application-focused growth. It will require deep understanding of the target applications, customers/ecosystem, building & validating strategies, and subsequently executing them to enable profitable-growth. He/she will identify market opportunities, translating them to solutions including both current and potential future products, conduct market research and participate to customers visits, trade shows and tech forums. The position will require extensive interaction with external stakeholders (customers, partners) and internal stakeholders (sales, product-management, engineering, operations, finance) to determine opportunities, develop value proposition, position the product/portfolio, and conduct targeted promotion to realize revenue goals.
This is a visible role requiring a high degree of execution discipline, distinctive strategic thinking, and tolerance to ambiguity. This role will report directly to the Head of Business Development, under BD & MKT team.
- Implement AFG Market model, leveraging application teardown, customer mapping, application, technical and market trends knowledge.
- Coordinate global platform NPI prioritization
- Establish Management Operating system for AFG
- Align with Product management for application strategy definition and monitoring
- Engage with customers and align with the sales function to develop new business pipeline for chosen initiatives
- Demonstrate structured thinking, mapping of applications to customers, rigor in measuring revenue/pipeline
- Lead commercialization activities, including identifying and establishing the right ecosystem relationships, developing proposals and business structures, synthesizing customer feedback for internal teams
- Initiate and collaborate with stakeholders to develop customer proposals and presentation materials including development of business cases, value propositions and supporting financial models
- Demonstrate strong program-management mindset to drive growth initiatives by providing direction by establishing priorities, assign/pursue tasks, ensure accountability, and drive systematic follow-through. Own, maintain and drive progress dashboards. Prepare reports in relationship to meeting financial goals, identification of new opportunities, new customers, and pipeline
- Communicate with and influence executive leaders and key stakeholders as part of developing and operationalizing growth strategies
What your background should look like:
- Bachelor's degree in business management, strategic marketing, or engineering.
- Strong preference for candidates with experience in Distribution channel or HVAC
- Highly analytical systematic strategic thinker with strong problem identification and solving skills
- Rigorously detail oriented, committed to accuracy and outcome driven
- Excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills, with ability to build rapport with customers/stakeholders. Ability to synthesize and concisely communicate complex ideas
- Ability to understand the big picture, uncover customer needs and translate into selling opportunities
- Self-motivated with ability to work in a fast-paced global team environment
- Exhibits integrity and does not compromise principles/core-values for an easier route
- Proven track record of delivering complex multi-disciplinary programs/initiatives from concept through execution
- Strong intellectual curiosity, coupled with desire to learn and improve constantly
- Mobility: Flexibility in working days, as well as domestic and international travelling.
- 5 to 15 years in Business Development, Strategy, Product Management, combined with strong background in Engineering
- Experience in HVAC space or distribution channel
- Ability to support frequent travel up to 50% (both regional and global)
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With more than 85,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $154,400 – 231,600 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets