Principal Product Architect, Transportation Sensors
Location: #, MI, US, _
Job Type: Full time
The role’s primary responsibility is to lead the Product Definition Process working closely with the customer systems, engineering teams, and product managers to define differentiated products. This individual should be or could become an expert in the Transportation customer applications, their use cases, understanding the technology tradeoffs and long term evolution of their system and define sensor products and portfolios that win now and in the future. This role requires a high degree of technical acumen and collaboration within the company and the individual should be well versed at working with research, applications, and marketing teams as well as with customers and external partners.
What your background should look like:
- Define next generation sensor products. Work with customers, sales teams, applications and product development engineers, and the product line manager to identify, specify, and propose optimal new products for target applications.
- Gather market and customer requirements and translate them into product requirement
- Solve system-level problems with the innovative products you define
- Understand competitors’ products and solutions and the evolution of target markets.
- Provide technical support to the internal and external stakeholders in order to solve technical issues
- Play a prominent role in the design of our technology, IP roadmaps and support long term product roadmaps.
- Assist product marketing and product management with deriving and validating value propositions and competitive analysis.
- Travel as needed to meet with our strategic customers and partners
Skills, Experience and Education
- Strong technical background in key customer systems (Transportation) and what is driving their product requirements.
- Candidate must understand how customers are making decisions and tradeoffs for their product selection
- Candidates must be well-versed at communicating technical needs and requirements (both in writing and orally) with internal teams and external customers.
- Passion for problem solving and understanding system complexity
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and with a cross-functional team
- Demonstrated ability to self-manage and meet deadlines
- Strong inherent drive to achieve results
- Experience: 7 plus years of industry experience in the role(s) of applications engineer, systems engineer and system architect or product definer. Direct experience in a previous customer-facing role(s) is highly desired. Willingness and ability to travel to customer meetings located around the world (10%-20% of the time).
- Education: Master’s Degree (or equivalent) in Electrical/Electronic engineering or related engineering discipline. Specific domain knowledge in sensors for Transportation applications desired.