MGR I CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT - Remote
Location: #, PA, US, _
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
Company and business background
TE Connectivity’s AD&M business unit is a global leader in connectivity products for the aerospace, defense, and marine, oil & gas markets. The business unit is organized as a “company within the broader TE enterprise”, with all functional areas reporting to the SVP & GM of the business unit. The business has a broad product portfolio and is truly a global business with revenues of $1.3B.
As the business embarks on an ambitious growth and value creation agenda, through both organic growth and M&A, there is a need to evolve our business processes and operating cadence, across all product divisions and all functional areas, to support the scaling of the business. The Manager of Business Excellence & Continuous Improvement will be a key leader responsible for the design and deployment of our business excellence and continuous improvement system across AD&M.
The manager will bring deep functional expertise, business acumen, leadership experience, influencing skills, and a track record of leading business transformation/change management programs. S/he will lead the charge in creating the necessary processes, culture, and skillset in the organization to develop our capabilities, deep in the organization, in problem-solving, lean transformation, kaizen, and policy deployment. S/he will drive continuous improvement methodologies for significant transformation projects directly.
The role will appeal to candidates with aspirations for potential impact in a large, global organization, with an expansive scope for business growth and transformation. The successful candidate will be part of the Business Strategy Transformation Office leadership team and will report to the head of the Business Strategy Transformation Office, reporting to the Business Unit SVP & GM. The manager will have the flexibility to be based anywhere, with an expectation of ~25% travel to our HQ and key sites.
Please note: This position may involve working with technical data, technology, software/source code, hardware, or other items (collectively “items) subject to U.S. and non-U.S. export control laws and regulations. Under these regulations, it may be necessary for TE to verify a candidate’s national origin and/or citizenship status to determine whether a U.S. or other government export license is required before releasing its technologies to the candidate. If TE determines that TE will require a license or will be prohibited by applicable laws from providing the candidate with items necessary for the performance of this position, then TE expressly reserves the right to either a) make an offer of employment contingent upon TE receiving required export licenses from the appropriate government agency, b) consider the candidate for a different position that is not subject to such restrictions, on whatever terms and conditions TE shall establish in its sole discretion or c) decline to move forward with the candidate’s application.
The Manager of Business Excellence and Continuous Improvement will be responsible for the design and deployment of our business excellence and continuous improvement system for the business.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Deployment of the AD&M business system; including the associated tiered accountability meetings at the function and the next 2 levels to drive our business strategy execution
- Deploy proven problem-solving tools and methods widely across the organization.
- Enable TEOA (TE Operating Advantage) attainment goals / targets / metrics across the business process functions. Orchestrate activities cross-functionally so that the targets are aligned with business strategy and annual priorities
- Drive CI methodologies and initiatives for the AD&M global and business process projects and business transformation
Year 1 success factors
- Develop a deep understanding of TEOA and AD&M Business System and the “current state” of deployment across the Business Processes and Operations.
- Short-list key processes, document, and identify near-term opportunities to secure quick wins.
- Implement structured timebound cadence focusing on key areas of Strategy, Execution and Talent.
- Develop a comprehensive 3-year transformation plan. Secure alignment with AD&M leadership team and kick-off execution.
- Personally own and execute the creation / transformation of the Business Process tiered accountability for the business unit’s strategy execution including hoshin deployment and Global Management Operating System.
- Personally lead and own critical transformation projects in the business.
What your background should look like:
The successful candidate will be an accomplished Transformation Leader with a track record in delivering business results. This person is trained and has used Lean/Six Sigma tools to deliver these results and drive the business. Both a solid business/operational background as well as the ability to drive continuous improvement is critical. This person will be an experienced leader who brings credibility, gravitas, maturity, cross-cultural awareness, and sensitivity to the role to lead a comprehensive lean transformation and capability building – from senior leadership to the individual contributor level.
Specific requirements include:
- 5-7 years experience
- An undergraduate degree in business or engineering is required with an MBA being highly desired.
- Experience in executing lean / business excellence transformation at scale in an Industrial environment and track record of delivering tangible results
- Experience in project management in complex organizations operating in a global scale
- Highly effective communicator, with the necessary communication and presentation skills to inspire and educate audiences all levels of the organization
- Organization savvy, to inspire and influence stakeholders at all levels
- Independent, self-starter – able to set agenda and drive progress with little direction
- PMI (Project Management Institute) Certified
- Continuous Improvement Certified (i.e., Lean Six Sigma)
- Change Management Certified (i.e., Prosci)
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With more than 85,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $107,920 - 161,880 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off, and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets