QLTY & RELIABILITY ENGINEER II
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable, and more connected world.
TE Connectivity’s Quality and Reliability Engineering Teams assess the ability of product and production systems to comply with customer and contractual requirements through established reliability factors. They design, recommend revisions, and install quality control systems, develop and document methods for establishing reliability of products and their components and conduct analysis on relative reliability with regards to cost, structure, weight, maintainability, facility of production, and availability of materials and equipment. Our teams develop, implement and monitor company environmental safety programs and policies to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local environmental, health and safety regulations and recommend corrective actions if necessary. They make sure policies and practices comply with applicable government regulations and industry requirements related to product environmental compliance, the implementation and management of technical and testing standards and specifications, quality control and reliability programs governing materials, product and processes, resulting in the optimization of material and labor, as well as failure analysis, root cause, corrective action and customer communication.
- Works closely with production and testing departments to review processes and ensure assembly and testing operations are performed in accordance with established procedures. Supports the development of new test programs and plans.
- Develops a strong understanding of Assembly and Testing Methods and evaluates and ensures precision and accuracy processes, tests & measurements and production equipment.
- Identifies quality related problems in products and processes and develops solutions.
- Reviews, analyzes and reports on supplier quality discrepancies related to process/assembly systems and ensures that performance and quality of products conform to established company specifications.
- Works closely with Purchasing, Manufacturing, Engineering departments to resolve quality related issues with production, testing, suppliers, etc.
- Initiates and monitors corrective actions and works with suppliers to resolve them in a timely manner.
- Reports to management on quality issues, trends and opportunities for improvement.
- Drive root cause analysis and implement corrective actions utilizing a systematic problem –solving process (ie; Six Sigma methodology, DMAIC, Lean Six Sigma) regarding QPL Relay Qualification failures and provide support of validation/verification testing incorporating corrective actions
- Assess and deliver on customer specific quality requirements (KPI’s, complaint processing times, approval requirements).
- Conduct periodic evaluation of TE Customer quality performance: specific focus on number of Customer complaints, defective measure (e.g. PPM), complaint response times, quality of 8D reports.
- Communicate customer requirements within the TE plants/functions to ensure awareness and compliance by providing training, support and organize regular reviews.
- Negotiate with team, deviations and concessions with the customer where required and provide documentation to allow sign-off.
- Customer quality complaint handling –drive and engage cross functional teams to conduct 8D responses including root cause analysis, corrective actions, preventative measures and validation of effectiveness for implementation of cost-effective solutions (focus on repeat products / failure modes).
- Liaise with appropriate departments, ensuring deadlines are met. Timely 8D release to customer via TE Complaints Handing System
- Ensure the applicability of current quality policies, procedures, and objectives, staying informed about the latest updates / modifications related to relevant standards and regulations.
- Develop and implement world class quality processes in the Quality System, in support of business requirements. Identify, initiate, and optimize internal processes and procedures to improve scrap reduction and working efficiency
- Attend MRB meetings as required
What your background should look like:
- 3 or more years of experience in Quality or Reliability Engineering.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, Quality or related technical field.
- Demonstrated expertise in quality tools, practices, and procedures.
- Strong communication skills are required.
- Working knowledge ISO 9000, and preferably AS9100.
- MILSPEC/Commercial preferred
- Testing and reporting requirements
- Process control knowledge and implementation experience (PFMEA. SPC, CPK, Gage R & R, Control Plans, etc.).
- Worked in a team environment providing assistance to various departments requiring consistent quality assurance systems to succeed.
- Ability to influence and drive cross-functional teamwork, ability to work well with internal and external customers, and with other cultures.
- Highly Desirable: Knowledge & experience in acceptance testing and reliability testing of relays or similar devices
- Due to ITAR regulations, US citizenship or US lawful permanent residency (green card) is required to apply for this position.
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With more than 85,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $82,368 - $123,552
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets