PRODUCTION MACHINIST III
Location: Medway, Massachusetts
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
What TE Connectivity Offers
Our commitment to our associates includes offering total rewards benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive, and meet the changing needs of our team members.
- The opportunity to build lifesaving products for our customers
- Competitive base pay based on experience; with a 2nd 3rd 4th and 5th shift premium pay.
- Annual pay increases based on company & individual performance
- Employee referral program
- 401(k) retirement savings with generous company match
- Tuition reimbursement to support your development and education goals
- 10 weeks of paid maternal and paternal time off and ease back to work
- Competitive paid time off
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Comprehensive health and wellness benefits for team members and their families with benefits starting day one, company funded health savings accounts and company paid short-term and long-term disability.
- Operates CNC equipment and verifies the quality of work on machine tools involving close tolerances.
- Performs routine or repetitive operations in a manner which will consistently meet quality requirements and production standards.
- Actively participates in continuous improvement activities.
- Runs routine and repetitive operations that are set-up on a variety of CNC machines.
- Works from drawings and/or specifications as well as Traveler instructions.
- Edits programs as needed for tool changes/wear.
- Performs additional work within cycle times as time permits
- Evaluates production job performance compared to established production and quality standards.
- Makes suggestions for improvements to processes to enhance operations.
- Maintains required tooling, as needed, to manufacture parts to specifications.
- Conducts quality checks through the use of fixed or adjustable precision measuring devices.
- Instructs or assists others as needed.
- Performs routine PM on equipment as needed.
- Maintains work area in a neat and orderly condition. Works safely, and complies with all established safety rules and work practices.
- Complies with Company, Department, and quality policies and procedures as applicable.
- Keeps Team Leader informed of job related problems and other information related to work activity.
- Maintains a positive attitude and promotes a “team” approach throughout the Department.
- Performs multiple operations as required.
- Performs related work as apparent or assigned.
- High school education or equivalent
- 6 months to 2 years of CNC machining and operating experience, preferably in a job shop environment.
- Ability to perform offset/tool changes.
- Very strong mechanical aptitude and problem solving skills.
- Experience using a microscope
- Proficient at understanding blueprints.
Physical demands and work environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arm; balance; stoop; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: General machine shop environment.
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With more than 85,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $52,880-79,332 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets