CFO-VP Finance (REMOTE)
Location: Berwyn, Pennsylvania
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity (TE) is a leading global provider of highly engineered connectors and sensors with sales of $16billion to customers in more than 150 countries. We design, manufacture and market products for customers in a broad array of industries including automotive; consumer electronics; telecommunications; aerospace; defense & military; medical & healthcare; oil & gas/marine; and energy & utilities. With 90,000 associates including 8,000 engineers and worldwide manufacturing, sales and customer service capabilities, TE Connectivity’s commitment is their customers’ advantage. TE Connectivity is an independent publicly traded company whose common stock is listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol “TEL.” See www.te.com.
Over the past decade, the company has transitioned from a multi-industry electronics supplier of the past to an expert in delivering robust components for harsh environments. Its strategy is to continue to evolve into the industrial technology leader for sensing and connectivity, while accelerating highly engineered, integrated solutions. Associates around the world have adopted TE’s values of integrity, accountability, teamwork and innovation, which, in turn, drive the behaviors of "think big, move fast," "move at our customers’ pace," "win in our markets," "mind what matters," and "unleash and develop talent."
TE is also continuing to evolve its digital capabilities from a focus on product enablement and research to a robust end-to-end user experience, including service capabilities. This will include extending competencies beyond TE.com and embedding them in the company’s digital ecosystem for personalization and automation.
Aerospace, Defense, and Marine’s purpose is to "be the trusted partner delivering mission-critical solutions that power and connect the future of air, sea, land and space." Delivering cutting-edge innovations to over 13,000 valued customers across the globe, AD&M's 6,000+ employees collaborate cross-functionally to provide an Extraordinary Customer Experience each and every day.
The ADM business unit's Finance leader (“CFO”) must be an exceptional business partner to the Business Unit President and functional leaders. Therefore he/she will be a critical member of the senior leadership team and an integral voice in driving strategic execution and financial performance for the business. This role reports hard line to the Segment CFO; however, works daily with the President, Business Unit President, and the broader senior leadership team. TE recognizes that talent is critical to its future success, and this executive will be a part of that by continuing to build a resilient team with the depth of succession and finance analytical capability to address future business needs.
- Partner with the President of ADM and the broader global leadership team (GLT) to execute the business transformation strategy and deliver sustainable, profitable growth.
- Set critical business partners up for success (sales, product management, operations, engineering) through timely delivery of business decision support. There is a strong focus on actionable analytics, and a bias for working in depth on the critical few issues for any given area.
- Deliver timely business decision support to the President and GLT on major transformational business activities.
- Building appropriate Business / Finance modeling tools to understand short-term/mid-term drivers for the P&L roadmap to BU entitled Margin and improve working capital, both delivering our forecast commitments.
- Helping set the strategic direction of the business and serving as key strategic partner for the President of ADM and all finance and business-related areas of the business unit.
- Driving business performance and value through execution and influencing positive change while maintaining/ensuring a strong internal control environment.
- Driving the organizational talent agenda through development, diversity, retention, and recruitment efforts; Continuously striving to create a world class finance/accounting organization that collaborates within the business unit and across the segment.
- Lead and develop the global finance organization.
- 20+ years’ experience in finance, with a minimum of 10+ years of CFO and management experience. Experience in a CFO role for a billion $ Business Unit.
- Experience in global industrial manufacturing markets, preferably in a standard cost, component manufacturing environment. Experience with government account methods for defense industry is a plus.
- Ability to summarize and effectively communicate complex topics to allow for organizational understanding and action. Ability to dive into details as needed to understand root cause and corrective actions required.
- Experience as an action-oriented business partner for profitable growth with complex portfolios is highly beneficial.
- A demonstrated track record of transformational leadership managing a large global team, with experience managing and developing talent within and outside the team.
- Bachelor's degree in finance or business; MBA, CFA, CPA and/or graduate degree strongly preferred.
- Broad experience in different Finance roles, including financial analysis, operations, general accounting, and controlling.
- International/global business partnership and finance experience in Manufacturing environment.
- Business acumen and vision and understanding of business drivers, strategy, markets, and products; Has knowledge at a detailed level, but is also able to step back and see the big picture.
- Understanding of internal business processes and operations, including systems.
- Culture: drives and has the resilience to sustain a winning culture and required organization structure that is responsive and adaptable to change; collaborative yet accountable; ensures the right example is set in providing specific feedback to encourage performance/professional development of those on the team and across the organization.
- High Engagement & Ownership: hands on executive who develops a granular view of the business and able to dig deep as needed into the business/issues and lead by example, sets the right operating cadence and is personally accountable for the organization results, rolls up his/her sleeves to get to work and help solve problems when required.
- Pace & Energy: high energy, sets a quick pace and demonstrates a real sense of urgency and ensures the right focus on things that matter most to create value.
- Results Focused: results-oriented, delivers consistently against both short term and long-term plans, constantly raises the bar on performance and leads the organization toward a higher level of achievement.
- Action-Oriented: Highly motivated and digs in immediately. Is considered hands-on and a self-starter.
- Results Driven: Execution-oriented, results focused and motivated by achievement.
- Financial Insights: Has the ability to understand implications of key financial and quantitative indicators; manages overall financial performance. Integrates quantitative information to draw accurate conclusions.
- Building Relationships and Using Influence: Builds and sustains excellent relationships at multiple levels in the workplace. Uses relationship networks strategically to accomplish objectives.
- Strong Communicator: Listens for meaning, translates concepts effectively, speaks and writes clearly and articulately.
- Adaptable: Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions; anticipates and copes effectively with the complexity of change.
- Leadership style: Down to earth, team player with low ego yet highly competitive and motivated by opportunity & challenge to drive the business forward and build a sustainable organization, strong communication skills that are crisp, credible and which instill confidence in the organization and creates strong followership.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $277,760.00 – $416, 640.00 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets