Location: El Cajon, California
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
Quality Control Inspector III monitors the inspection and testing of materials, parts, and products to ensure adherence to established quality standards. Establishes inspection protocols, following sampling procedures, and equipment and mechanisms to be used in the testing and inspection processes. Responsible for moving conforming material to the next operations. Document using the NCMR form and move nonconforming material to MRB.
TE Connectivity’s Quality Inspector inspects parts to comply with customer and contractual requirements through established ATP’s and or procedures. Our teams develop, implement, and monitor company environmental safety programs and policies to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local environmental, health and safety regulations and recommend corrective actions if necessary. They are responsible for policies and practices to comply with applicable government regulations and industry requirements related to product environmental compliance, the implementation and management of technical and testing standards and specifications, quality control and reliability programs governing materials, product, and processes, resulting in the optimization of material and labor
Duties and Responsibilities
- Follow general inspection guidelines to conduct critical visual, dimensional, and functional inspections on electrical connectors and cable assemblies.
- Perform electrical tests as required by SEA CON® and/or customer specifications.
- Read and understand blueprints, schematics, industry and company standards, military and federal specifications and standards, and company procedures for inspection purposes.
- Annotate and file test reports, check lists, dimensional reports, and logs as required.
- Interface with engineering staff, QC and/or QA Manager on interpretation of blueprints/schematics and obtaining disposition of rejected items.
- Contact production staff and/or vendors as needed concerning rejected items.
- Be cognizant of Company’s QMS Policy; its relevance and importance in daily activities and strive to continually contribute to the achievement of the quality objectives.
- Provide extra inspection support as needed.
- All other duties as assigned.
What your background should look like:
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years experience/work history directly related to electrical inspection
- Minimum of 2 years experience/work history directly related to fiber optic inspection
- Technical experience background preferred (familiarity with electrical schematics, parts list, shop travelers, quality procedures, electrical test and measurement equipment)
- Legible handwriting
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks
- Detail oriented
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Tools, Equipment & Materials Used
- Calipers, pin gages, measuring tapes
- Optical comparator, stereo zoom microscope
- Megohmmeter, high voltage tester (hipot), VOM
- Light source & Power meter
- Various manufactured parts and assemblies (glass reinforced epoxy (GRE), rubber
- Silicone and other lubricants
- Ink and ink solvents
- Isopropyl alcohol
This position requires access to information which is subject to stringent controls under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Applicants must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. lawful permanent resident, person granted asylee status in the U.S., or person admitted into the U.S. as a refugee.
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With more than 85,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $49,632-74,448 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets