Financial Reporting Accountant
Location: Middletown, Pennsylvania
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
The Financial Reporting Accountant is responsible for assisting with the preparation of TE Connectivity Ltd.’s financial filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). As part of the SEC Reporting team within the Corporate Controller’s Group, the Accountant assists with the planning, preparation, and filing of timely and accurate financial reports while maintaining appropriate documentation and an effective internal control environment. The Accountant regularly interacts with personnel in various corporate functions, legal entities, and business units as well as the external auditors.
- Assist with the preparation and filing of all financial reporting with the SEC, including Forms 10-K, 10-Q, and 8-K, and other SEC filings as necessary
- Support the preparation and review of the quarterly earnings releases and related materials
- Prepare financial statements and disclosures, ensuring they are upheld with clear and well-organized documentation including detailed financial calculations and analyses
- Review financial and other information from the business units, legal entities, and other departments for inclusion in SEC filings
- Assist in researching accounting and reporting matters and analyzing the impact to the financial statements
- Assist in the review of all external financial reports by the finance team, senior management, and the external auditors, providing documentation as required and promptly addressing any questions or issues
- Assist in maintaining an effective internal control environment
- Other special projects, research, and analyses as required
What your background should look like:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, with 3-5+ years of relevant work experience
- Experience preparing financial statements and related disclosures, researching accounting literature, and analyzing and concluding on accounting and disclosure matters is preferred
- CPA (or CPA candidate) and exposure to SEC reporting, either while employed by a public company or a public accounting firm, is a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office application suite
- Experience with Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) and SmartView is a plus
- Professional maturity with high standards for integrity and accuracy
- Strong analytical abilities and attention to detail, with a desire and willingness to take full ownership and accountability for his/her area of responsibility
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work on multiple, concurrent projects
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and comfortable interfacing with people from different levels and functions in the organization
- Team player who is able to operate effectively and work in a fast paced, changing environment
- Willingness to assume increasing obligations
- Highly self-motivated with a focus on improving existing processes
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With more than 85,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $78,880-118,320 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets