MGR II QUALITY CONTROL
Location: Fairview, North Carolina
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Quality Assurance Teams are responsible for all or part of an organization's Quality Management System, including conformance and continuous improvement initiatives. They work on systemic evaluation of products, services, facilities, manufacturing or business processes, to ensure that standards of quality are being met. Develop and implement quality plans, programs and procedures using quality control statistics, lean manufacturing concepts, and six-sigma tools and analyses. They reviews, assess and report on quality discrepancies, investigate problems and executes quality audits, and develops disposition and corrective actions for recurring discrepancies. The team works closely with manufacturing, engineering, customers, or suppliers and subcontractors to ensure requirements are met.
Overall responsibility for driving a proactive, compliant, and customer-focused quality organization for the Fairview manufacturing site.
Managing and Measuring Work
- Ensures compliance to the quality management systems (AS9100) in all activities performed within the facility
- Leads and supports external & internal audits from external sources including preparation activities in advance of such audits.
- Ensures all customer inquiries, concerns, and complaints are professionally addressed in a timely manner and escalates critical issues as appropriate, while delivering on an extraordinary customer experience.
- Participates in new product introductions to ensure quality is built into all products early in their life cycle.
- Utilizes the best-in-class problem solving tools, drives robust and effective corrective and preventive actions through the CAPA system.
- Proactively lead and support improvements to void customer complaints and scrap
- Participates and actively leads the execution of the site’s Safety & TEOA Programs in relation to the Quality department.
Building Effective Teams & Motivating Others
- Ability to work with a cross-functional team to develop and deliver on the site strategic targets and objectives.
- Mentors and trains staff to perform effectively in their work and ensures the training is documented.
- Engages and manages a high-performance quality team including Quality Inspectors, Quality Engineers, Quality Technicians, and Supplier Quality Engineers.
- Creates a strong team working environment with focus on customer needs, compliance, product quality, and risk mitigation.
Strategy, Execution, Talent
- Work with leadership team to develop strategic plans for obtaining annual objectives and goals. (Goal Deployment)
- Measures and monitors key process indicators to proactively evaluate the execution of meeting and/or exceeding the strategic plans developed. (Reduce Customer Complaints, Reduce Cost of Poor Quality/Scrap, Optimize turnaround on MRB/Blocked stock)
- Develops and retain the associates that contribute to the success of obtaining the goals and objectives of the organization.
What your background should look like:
Requirements - Experience & Education
- Bachelor’s Degree required in Quality discipline or Engineering (i.e. Aerospace, Mechanical, Industrial, etc.)
- Minimum 8 years experience as a Quality Manager in the manufacturing/industrial industry. (Aerospace/Defense preferred)
- Must possess proven results in problem-solving, using advanced problem-solving tools (i.e. Lean Six Sigma Green Belt, Shainin Red X Journeyman, APQP, etc.).
- Excellent and proven negotiation skills both internal and external to the company required to drive the completion of 8D documents.
- Proven experience leading problem-solving teams and utilizing problem-solving tools (8D's, 5-why analysis, fishbone diagrams, etc.). Ability to drive completion of 8D documents that propel the business to world-class manufacturing levels.
- Working knowledge of QMS (Quality Management Systems), preferably AS9100 environment.
- Strong computer and analytical skills with a working knowledge of SAP, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent critical thinking, presentation, and written, and verbal communication skills are required.
Please note: This position may involve working with technical data, technology, software/source code, hardware, or other items (collectively “items) subject to U.S. and non-U.S. export control laws and regulations. Under these regulations, it may be necessary for TE to verify a candidate’s national origin and/or citizenship status to determine whether a U.S. or other government export license is required before releasing its technologies to the candidate. If TE determines that TE will require a license or will be prohibited by applicable laws from providing the candidate with items necessary for the performance of this position, then TE expressly reserves the right to either a) make an offer of employment contingent upon TE receiving required export licenses from the appropriate government agency, b) consider the candidate for a different position that is not subject to such restrictions, on whatever terms and conditions TE shall establish in its sole discretion or c) decline to move forward with the candidate’s application.
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With more than 85,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $120,240k - 180,360k annually
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets