Senior Automation Engineer
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Manufacturing Engineering Teams are process leaders for stamping, molding or assembly related topics, ensuring the processes are running at optimum levels for quality and output. They are experts in mold tooling, die tooling, machining, and assembly techniques, possessing extensive knowledge of the associated manufacturing processes which may include the optimization and standardization of stamping / molding / assembly or other processes within the manufacturing environment. Manufacturing Engineering Teams enable the TE business unit plants to reach TE Operating Advantage (TEOA) requirements, roll out Centers of Excellence (COE), Best Demonstrated Practices (BDP’s) and advise plants on tool and machine duplications / corrections / improvements. They design and develop manufacturing process and automation platforms and apply them for the realization of new product developments as well as optimization of existing products already in production. The Teams also support Product Development in the selection and optimization of tools for piece part production and the selection of the most suitable manufacturing concepts relative to planned manufacturing quantities, quality requirements and manufacturing location. They act as interface between engineering and production to ensure manufacturability of new designs and smooth production ramp up as well as support the research & development teams to produce sample manufacturing equipment, product samples and prototypes.
The successful candidate for the Senior Automation Engineer located in Parker, CO - should have excellent automation skills having managed projects. You will play a critical role in the development and sourcing new automation lines for the Invitro Diagnostics Group within the Medical business unit, under the Industrial Solutions sector at TE. The job requires a high-level understanding of process development of new products and will be able to use that knowledge to design and develop high volume equipment for manufacturing. The position is a vital role in implementing automation solutions to current and new manufacturing lines increasing productivity and efficiency.
- Works closely with all product engineers to develop in-house processes and / or external resources to ensure that the design is manufacturable at the lowest cost.
- Lead and mentor a team of engineers to successfully complete automation projects that meet all standards and regulations.
- Work as a project manager with sub-contractors to develop equipment for high volume manufacturing. Managing all aspects of the project including quoting, reviews, budgeting, timeline, installation, qualification and rewarding business.
- Oversee all internal aspects of product delivery, including planning, design, BOM, reviews, and cross platform testing.
- Evaluate current manufacturing processes for automation.
- Strong background in testing and validation of manufacturing processes and equipment.
- Review automation designs and assure PFMEA and all requirements are meet.
- Assist with the diagnoses and resolution of product configuration issues in production environments.
What your background should look like:
- Bachelor’s degree in Automation, Process Control, Computer Science, or Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical, or Computer Engineering
- 5+ years' professional experience
- Automation and/or tooling design using CREO / Solid Works Software
- Knowledge of HMI /PLC/ SCADA systems is a plus
- Knowledge of Servo motor and Motion Control
- Knowledge of Ethernet networking and fieldbus systems
- Able to communicate with customers at all levels
- Previous experience managing a project, cross-functionally
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With more than 85,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $95,520 – $143,280 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets