Healthcare & Life Sciences Business Development Manager
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Job Type: Full time
Thoughtworks is searching for a Market Business Development Manager to help support our growing client needs in North America. Market Business Development Managers at Thoughtworks are responsible for developing and securing a pipeline of new opportunities at existing accounts (better known as hunting) and establishing new relationships in unpenetrated business units or departments of our existing accounts.
- Develop a pursuit plan and a pipeline of new executive contacts and proactive client engagements
- Successfully convert new opportunities outside our current footprint within existing accounts, creating the foundation for long-term, value-based relationships across the entire client. Success is nurturing and the sale of win-win value propositions and nurturing executive relationships for continuing business.
- Ensure the creation and execution of proactive pursuit strategies, and build “win-win” value propositions at the company and at individual levels with clients
- Approach client executives as true business partners versus software delivery partners, expanding Thoughtworks engagement to encompass the breadth and depth of our capabilities, including where appropriate, our world-leading Global Delivery centers
- Recognize that our people and our clients are at the center of everything we do
- Leverage your own and TW-provided market research to identify, build a business case for and present your pursuit targets
- Leverage available tools, events, and marketing support to develop pitches, proposals, presentations, etc. for target business units or departments of existing accounts
- 6+ years of experience preferred
- Technology and consulting acumen with the ability to positively translate into business value
- “Hunter” mentality with a proven record of success driving complex sales through a disciplined process
- Demonstrable track record of generating deals in excess of $20-50M
- Strong customer value orientation - you want your clients to succeed with their objectives
- The expertise to sell premium, not commoditized, services
- Comfortability and experience engaging with C-level stakeholders at the business and technology level, using a consultative selling approach to maximize the customer outcomes
- An entrepreneurial drive that ensures you will be able to rally other Thoughtworkers around necessary activities and be willing to “get your hands dirty” with artifact creation
Other things to know
Learning & Development
There is no one-size-fits-all career path at Thoughtworks: however you want to develop your career is entirely up to you. But we also balance autonomy with the strength of our cultivation culture. This means your career is supported by interactive tools, numerous development programs and teammates who want to help you grow. We see value in helping each other be our best and that extends to empowering our employees in their career journeys.
While we’ve traditionally been a traveling consultancy, we have adopted a hybrid working model with the majority of work being completed remotely from either home or local Thoughtworks offices. However, business travel to client locations should be expected when required by Thoughtworks or our clients’ needs.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Thoughtworks is a global technology consultancy that integrates strategy, design and engineering to drive digital innovation. For 30+ years, our clients have trusted our autonomous teams to build solutions that look past the obvious. Here, computer science grads come together with seasoned technologists, self-taught developers, midlife career changers and more to learn from and challenge each other. Career journeys flourish with the strength of our cultivation culture, which has won numerous awards around the world.
Join Thoughtworks and thrive. Together, our extra curiosity, innovation, passion and dedication overcomes ordinary.