Join the Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety
The Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety (DMIRS) plays a unique role in supporting a safe, fair and responsible future for the Western Australian community, industry and resources sector. We are committed to leading with integrity, delivering on commitments, striving for excellence, and looking for better ways of doing things.
At DMIRS, we pride ourselves on creating a supportive, inclusive and innovative environment that allows our people to contribute, develop and thrive to reach their full potential. We offer a diverse range of extraordinary career opportunities across the department and we are committed to creating a culture that values and promotes continuous learning.
What does DMIRS do?
- Resource advice and regulation: we ensure that the State’s natural resources are developed and managed responsibly through the provision of resource advice and regulatory services to the Western Australian community.
- Safety advice and regulation: we provide advice and regulatory services to the Western Australian community in the area of occupational safety and health.
- Industry advice and regulation: we provide advice and regulatory services to the Western Australian community in the areas of consumer protection, building and plumbing, electricity and gas, and labour relations.
How will you contribute?
As members of the public sector, our employees are in a unique position to help shape Western Australia. Our diverse and agile workforce brings a range of skills, experiences and perspectives and needs to be reflective of the community we serve. This aim is reflected in our various diversity initiatives which include a focus on women in leadership, employment for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, young professionals, people from a cultural and linguistic diverse background, and people with disability.
How will you develop?
The department aims to develop a highly skilled and diverse workforce that is responsive, resilient and forward thinking. We are committed to creating a culture that values and promotes continuous learning, building on both the individual’s capability and the organisation’s capacity.
We believe that a gender-balanced leadership team has the ability to improve operational effectiveness and deliver better outcomes for the community.
How will you thrive?
As our employees undertake their own journey to contribute to the department and develop their skills, this allows them to thrive in their role. The department values employee’s responsiveness to contribute to our customer centric service theme, and to be respectful of one another on their journey with the department.
Your success is our success and we are here to support you to thrive in your career with the WA Public Sector.
What do we offer?
- The opportunity to support a safe, fair and responsible future for the Western Australian community, industry and resources sector
- Great work/life balance through flexible working arrangements and leave options
- Opportunities for professional development
- An award-winning Health and Wellbeing program
- Access to counselling and support through an Employee Assistance Program