Job Type: Full time
We are looking for a high performing HSE Coordinator based in Porirua to support our Regional HSE Manager and HSE Advisors.
The Downer Transport Services business is a market leader, shaping and influencing the future of New Zealand’s infrastructure. Incorporating more than 2,500 employees, this business covers a diverse range of services including operations and maintenance of road, rail, port and airport infrastructure, material production and manufacturing, technical services, leading research and development facilities and a large asset base including fixed and mobile assets, with revenues exceeding $800m annually.
Bring your energy to this role, where we will invest in your ongoing training and career development.
About the role:
You will be supporting the safety, quality and environmental culture in Downer New Zealand. Your daily tasks will include:
- Incident and injury documentation management, database tracking and analysis
- Supporting HSE Advisors in the Region and on projects as required
- Monthly reporting, providing dashboard information to HSE Managers, Operational Managers and the GM HSE
- Injury Management documentation, following up on weekly monitoring and medical certificates
- Site HSE Verification audits managing data integrity, corrective action management, statistical analysis, application of champion support to the region.
- Contributing to Five Whys and ICAM investigations
Your highly organised, confident and friendly approach alongside your excellent attention to detail would be key to your success in this role. You will have a can-do, solutions focused attitude and a continuous improvement mind-set. You’ll couple this with:
- Experience in Occupational Health and Safety Administration
- Experience working in a Construction of Infrastructure Environment
- Understanding of the Privacy Law and confidentiality
- A Full Class 1 License
- Experience providing high quality administration support in a similar role
- Strong technical abilities in Microsoft Office Suite, along side excellent written and verbal communication
- NZQA Level 3 Workplace Health and Safety Practice (or working towards this)
Knowledge of the ACC Accredited Employer Programme and AS/NZD Standards would be highly advantageous.
What we offer:
This is an outstanding opportunity to work in our diverse business. The environment is challenging and rewarding. We offer the opportunity to join our diverse and inclusive culture, and be part of a great team working in a collaborative environment. We offer a competitive remuneration package, flexible working arrangements, and our focus for our people is training and development, so this gives excellent opportunities to enhance your skills and advance your career.
How to apply?
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, head to www.downercareers.co.nz, enter reference number 595046 and register your interest along with your resume.
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test and medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Please note we have an in-house recruitment team that manage all our vacancies. No candidates presented through an agency will be considered for any of our roles advertised, unless previously arranged. We would strongly encourage all candidates interested in these roles, to apply directly online through the portal provided otherwise your application will not be considered.