Job Type: Full time
Koala’s mission is: Better furniture experiences, designed with the World in mind. Combining customer-centric products, a world-class technology and fulfilment platform, incredible customer service and social good; we are changing the way people buy and enjoy furniture to create happier, healthier habitats. Our number one priority (after making amazing products) is the customer experience. We are a brand that deeply cares about our customers and we strive to do anything to make them happy and completely satisfied.
Why we have this role @ Koala
Koala's mission is to do the right thing for our customers and for the planet. This role allows us to encapsulate a strong positive direction with both. As Koala grows so has the volume of our returned product and we now need to find a more effective and efficient solution for returned products that allow even more people to enjoy great quality home furnishings.
Koala has opened its first Koala Second Home Recovery Centre which includes an outlet store component where we find new homes for end of line and returned products.
The role will be a valuable contributor in helping Koala shape the Second Home direction by streamlining return product processes, recovering products back to life and then identifying next stage of life opportunities from charitable donations, an outlet retail store, online sales, and the business’ customers.
This exciting role will need to have an always-on an innovative and agile mindset as we identify processes to streamline and execute on new opportunities ensuring we do whatever we can to minimize our negative impact on the planet while maximizing the positive impact we can have on our customers.
What key responsibilities does this role have @ Koala?
- Strong warehouse minded person that can organise a warehouse environment effectively, and work well within a team to optimise operational efficiency
- Working with inbound return product. Continually focus on improving return product processes that allow for new and improved ways to operate.
- Recovering returned products to their best possible state. This will include replacing covers, repackaging, cleaning/sanitising of product. Disassembling products and then reassembling with spare/new parts. Identifying ways to fix broken products that are then able to be resold. Do whatever we can to increase the lifespan of the product for its next home.
- Be comfortable with pallet jack use, loading and unloading pallets using the correct safety guidelines, manual handling and use of power tools and non-powered tools.
- Be comfortable with standing for long periods of time
- Champion the sustainability direction for the Koala Second Home ensuring we do whatever is possible to limit any negative effect on the planet. Work towards making sustainability a natural part of our everyday work.
- Monitor warehouse operations to ensure compliance with the company's policies and vision.
- Support the warehouse operations, waste management, contractor management, distribution, and maintenance operations.
- Support the retail operations of the business by ensuring the sales floor is stocked with product at all times, loading of customer/delivery vehicles
- Adhere to all warehousing, handling and shipping legislation requirements and manage the deliveries and pick up processes - allocating deliveries upon receiving.
- Maintain standards of health and safety, hygiene, housekeeping and security within the Warehouse and Office spaces, including conducting inspections of the warehouse and workshop areas and ensuring warehouse rules are adhered to.
- Take pride in building relationships with stakeholders such as employees, clients, contractors, suppliers and transport companies.
- Be ready to support all Koala Second Home tasks and help out your team members. Contribute to being part of a great team.
- 1-2+ years of customer-centric experience within a fast-paced and hands-on environment
- Preferably have a valid driver’s license
- Passionate about supporting and servicing others to create a safe and organised workplace
- Proven ability to implement process improvement initiatives through innovative suggestions
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision and collaboratively within and across teams
- Ability to use the basic data entry functions of computers. Entering returned products, processing orders.
Treehouse Perks and Privileges…
Koala is only great when its employees are happy — and we’re one happy crew!
- Take a break - generous time off and paid parental leave to help keep your work life balance, balanced.
- Surprise & delight - The two-word combo at the core of everything we do. All Koalas can expect to enjoy free Koala products with ‘mates rates’ for your friends and fam.
- Support & wellbeing - Our employee experience respects and embraces all families, formed, found and evolving. You’ll have access to our Employee Assistance Program, which includes unlimited sessions for financial, work, relationship, family or wellbeing support.
- Accelerate your career - We’ve partnered with RMIT where all of our Koala’s receive a discount, unlimited access to LinkedIn Learning and Koala facilitated resources.
- Community & connection - We believe that simply doing ‘no harm’ isn’t good enough So, how are we doing our part? BCorp Certified, WWF Partnership, Volunteer Days, a member of SoftLanding and so much more.
Koalities we look for…
At Koala, we do things a little differently and we don’t shy away from the fact that we expect a lot from our employees! We want you to challenge expectations, always look to make a difference and give us something different from the norm. We want people that bring great energy, that have a long-game focus and are always curious to find new angles and approaches to the way we work. We're a team full of entrepreneurial spirit and have a relentless focus on 'what's next' but while always reviewing 'what's been done' and learning, growing and adapting. We're bloody confident, but NEVER arrogant and we adapt to change like Steve Smith under a short ball. Honesty and selflessness drive everything we do, as well as a total focus on exceeding our customers’ expectations. So if you feel like this could be you... well what the bloody hell are you waiting for? Drop us a line, and let's see what you've got! ;) All in all, the Koala Kommunity is a great place to hang out and belong to!
There’s no such thing as a ‘perfect’ candidate, Koala is a place where everyone has opportunity. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day. We’re an equal opportunity employer, and recognize that a diverse workforce is crucial to our success as a business.