Rheinmetall Defence Australia
Location: Holden Hill, Redbank
Job Type: Full time
Your next opportunity
You will be responsible for the design, construction, monitoring and maintenance of the secure CI/CD pipeline and associated tools for the Training Equipment teams.
As the DevOps Engineer, you can anticipate some of your day-to-day tasks to include:
- Collaborate with Managers, Software Leads and Developers to understand software development needs and requirements.
- Design and build production quality, secure CI/CD pipeline.
- Ensure the compliance of the development environment with the defence security requirements.
- Plan & implement Continuous Deployment concepts for the Training Equipment such as simulators.
- Accountable for software development continuity, efficiency and security.
- Author support documents including plans, requirements, design documentation, operating procedures and status reports.
- Provide technical guidance on development operations, managing code deployments and fixes & updates.
About your new team
You will be a key member of the Electronic Solutions Software team and work in partnership with Technical/Project Managers and project teams on the design, construction, monitoring and maintenance of the secure CI/CD pipeline and associated tools for the Training Equipment teams. This position can be based from the Military Vehicle Centre of Excellence site located in Redbank, QLD or Adelaide, SA.
Find Your Why at Rheinmetall
Our values of Safety, Partnership, Openness, Respect and Trust (SPORT) supports our team members to create a workplace environment where our employees value each other, live up to their promises, communicate openly and work safely every day.
The experience and skillset best suited to this role includes:
- Proven experience in a DevOps Engineer role.
- A high level of proficiency in applying DevOps practices and techniques to Linux & Windows based software development environments.
- Practical experience in applying popular CI/CD (i.e. Gitlab CI/CD) tools.
- Administration experience with software collaboration tools such as GitLab, Jira, and Confluence.
- Experience in building mixed Windows and Linux development environments.
- Experience applying security risk management processes to software development systems.
- Experience administering and using Docker, Artifactory and Conan.
- Experience working in defence programs would be desirable.
- Tertiary qualifications in IT, Software Engineering, Computer Science or related field.
- Ability to travel internationally and interstate, when required.
- Must hold or be eligible to obtain an Australian Government Security Clearance (must hold Australian Citizenship).
What we offer you
- Work as part of a team with real purpose in what we do.
- Attractive remuneration packages with salary sacrificing and novated leases.
- On-site subsidised café with themed days multiple options.
- Long weekends every second week with a 9 day working fortnight.
- Flexible working practices.
- Generous internal incentive and referral program.
- Genuine career development and progression opportunities.
- Extensive Employee Assistance Program to support overall health and wellbeing.
- We are proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180.
Our inclusive culture
Rheinmetall fosters a culture of equality, fairness, diversity and inclusion for all our employees and provides a safe and secure work environment where everyone can feel comfortable and supported to bring their unique self to work every day.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://work180.com/en-au/for-women/employer/rheinmetall/benefits
To learn more about life at Rheinmetall, please visit: www.rheinmetall.com/career-au
Preferred candidates will be required to complete background checks including pre-employment verifications and national police checks.
Applications close: 24th February 2023
Please note that we will not be accepting any recruitment agency applications for this role.
For further information about this opportunity, please contact RDA Talent Acquisition Team at Recruitment.Australia@rheinmetall.com.au and quote REF#AU01028.