Tasmania is home to lifestyle cities and picturesque landscapes. It is also home to TasNetworks - an electricity networks business delivering power to our beautiful state. We supply power to more than 250,000 homes and businesses around Tasmania through a network of transmission towers, substations and distribution powerlines. We also:
- Build, maintain and operate the network
- Establish new connections
- Respond to, and repair, outages and faults
- Read customers’ meters
- Provide education, advice and information about electrical safety
- Deliver nationally accredited training to lineworker apprentices, contractors and sub-contractors, local councils and civil construction organisations
- Own and operate a telecommunications business that serves customers in the electricity industry and other industries
We employ about 1000 people across a variety of technical, operational and administrative roles. Our largest offices are in Hobart, Cambridge, Mornington, Launceston and Devonport, but we have operational sites all over Tasmania.
Our people are as diverse as their roles and the "X-factor" that allows us to achieve both short and long term goals. In a recent survey, our people rated their colleagues in their teams and across the organisation as the number one thing they liked most about working with us.
Culture and Benefits
Just as the world has changed, so too has the way we do business. With one of our key objectives being to look after our people, our ways of working take on best practices to encourage a healthy, friendly and enjoyable working environment. We have a variety of programs including yoga, gardening and massage services. We also have an employee assistance program that can provide assistance in finance and several areas of personal health.
Innovation and the Future
We don't just think about the future, we embrace it. We are proud owners of electric vehicles with their own charging stations for use by our team members. If you think you would enjoy the challenges of innovating and managing both transmission and distribution networks, then we want to hear from you.