Director of Cyber Security
Job Type: Full time
For over 20 years, Abcam has been providing tools the scientific community needs to enable faster breakthroughs in critical areas like cancer, neurological disorders, infectious diseases, and metabolic disorders.
We believe that to continue making progress, we need to work together in new ways. We need your own unique perspective as well as this of our people to make an always greater impact on the world. This community needs people like you: dedicated, agile and above all audacious so we can truly bring progress forward.
Reporting to our Vice President Technology, the Director of Security will work closely with the Leadership Team in Digital, other members of the information technology team and key stakeholders to support the infrastructure, networks (voice and data) and offices around the world.
Role and Responsibilities
- Define and update Abcam security policy and standards working with the Architecture teams to build a secure by design culture
- Define and update Abcam Cyber Security Strategy and develop roadmap of improvements to deliver to this strategy
- Define secure coding standards and employ a governance leadership to ensure that code threat assessments are performed and managed
- Own the overall Cyber Security program of work and deliver it through both the Cyber Security team and through business systems, architecture and software engineering
- Develop and implement a risk framework methodology to assess and communicate risk and build appropriate action plans
- Enhance the security culture within Abcam by providing guidance, awareness and advocacy of Information Security
You will have previous experience managing IT security in a collaborative, diverse and fast paced environment; and excellent communication and influencing skills to engage and educate senior stakeholders and peers in the importance of delivering Cyber Security.
You will have extensive knowledge of security intelligence threats and threat actors along with demonstrated ability to make security risk determinations based on threat intelligence analysis. You will have experience of Software as a Service solutions and their associated security risks, and with industry best-practice in the governance, operation and management of systems (e.g. ISO 27001, ITIL, PCI Compliance, COBIT, ISO 31000).
Qualifications & Certifications:
- Degree in IT security, computer science or related discipline. Post-graduate IT or Management qualifications
- Relevant security certifications like ISACA, CISA / CISM, CGEIT, CISSP, SSCP, CEH, Security, GCIH, GCIA certification in Network Intrusion, Incident Handling or Forensic Analysis
- GRC tooling knowledge
We know that when it comes to benefits, no one size fits all. Flexibility and choice matter which is why, in addition to market competitive salaries, we offer you a flexible benefits package which is tailored to your unique needs and support your financial, physical and emotional wellbeing. This includes our award-winning share scheme, 18 weeks fully paid maternity leave, 6 weeks fully paid paternity leave as well as highly flexible working and much more. Besides, your development will be integral to your experience here. You will grow alongside other talented minds, in ways you may often find unexpected.
When people come together, incredible things happen. Here you’ll work in a safe environment where you can be who you truly are. We’ll champion and celebrate your uniqueness throughout your journey with us. This is how we excel at partnering with the scientific community no matter the challenge, ultimately helping solve the world’s most critical diseases. Find out more about Diversity & Inclusion at Abcam.
If you’re interested in this particular role then we’d love to read your application.