Senior Full Stack Engineer - Contract
Job Type: Full time
For over 20 years, Abcam has been providing tools the scientific community needs to enable faster breakthroughs in critical areas like cancer, neurological disorders, infectious diseases, and metabolic disorders.
We believe that to continue making progress, we need to work together in new ways. We need your own unique perspective as well as this of our people to make an always greater impact on the world. This community needs people like you: dedicated, agile and above all audacious so we can truly bring progress forward
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Contract Full Stack Engineer to contribute towards our omnichannel platform and to drive the practice of full stack at Abcam. You will have a broad set of people and technical skills and product achievements, a development and customer focused mindset to solving problems, and bring news ideas and digital thinking into our global engineering capability.
Key responsibilities include:
- Work with team members and engineering peers to design, deploy and operate new world class digital products and platforms
- Collaborate cross-functionally with product, architecture, design and peer engineering groups to implement the platforms and products required to support our vision and digital strategy
- Work with internal teams and vendors to manage our growth around the globe, with a strong focus on delivering our customer objectives and key results
- Collaborate with members of the global Abcam team to implement and support aspiring strategic efforts, provide constructive feedback, and foster a collaborative environment of product and engineering excellence
- Actively engage with internal teams to develop our software architecture, frameworks and tools to drive quality, accuracy and agility.
- Significant product engineering experience; demonstrable technical experience in systems design, improving customer experience and engagement, and iterative design and continuous delivery.
- Experience designing and deploying solutions for B2C and B2B segments and globally distributed customer facing commerce and digital platforms.
You’ll enjoy being part of the team if you…
- Have experience developing commercial event driven microservices architecture – we use Kafka, SNS, SQS, PostgreSQL & Dynamo
- Have experience deploying software for Cloud Environments - (AWS and K8s)
- Are well versed in micro-frontend development in React with ideally Next.js
- Have some exposure to GraphQL
- Understand the value of continuous integration, continuous delivery and strives for a high level of automation
- Are domain driven design
- Are strongly collaborative using Agile and Lean methodologies, working in a DevOps environment, and following software engineering best practices
- Can make a positive impact on the open, supportive, and creative culture of the team. This would make you stand out from the crowd
Kudos if you ..
- Are able to articulate and demonstrate how to use software development techniques and methods to deliver new digital solutions
- Are Self-starter and able to collaborate and manage efforts with teams across geography and time zones; acts as an informed leader and make data-backed decisions on behalf of Abcam
- Are curious, audacious and not afraid to ask questions, give feedback, challenge the way things are done today and own improvements to culture and process.
- Can inform, educate and develop team members and peers to grow expertise, develop alignment and encourage collaboration
- Are able to present ideas and solutions concisely and in an engaging manner to both large and small audiences; comfortable working in an environment that encourages creative thinking and critical feedback of ideas
- Are passionate about driving engineering culture and being part of a high energy, supportive, engaged and passionate team
A Computer Science Degree would be beneficial but not essential, we are keen to see solid skills and experience alongside a passion for technology and an enthusiasm to learn.
We know that when it comes to benefits, no one size fits all. Flexibility and choice matter which is why, in addition to market competitive salaries, we offer you a flexible benefits package which is tailored to your unique needs and support your financial, physical and emotional wellbeing. Besides, your development will be integral to your experience here. You will grow alongside other talented minds, in ways you may often find unexpected.
When people come together, incredible things happen. Here you’ll work in a safe environment where you can be who you truly are. We’ll champion and celebrate your uniqueness throughout your journey with us. This is how we excel at partnering with the scientific community no matter the challenge, ultimately helping solve the world’s most critical diseases. Find out more about Diversity & Inclusion at Abcam.