Applications for this job have closed. This page will redirect to Adaptavist employer page in 10 seconds.
Location: Remote - UK/EU only
Job Type: Full time
Working at Adaptavist
The Adaptavist Group is a global family of companies with a common goal. We combine the best of teamwork, technology, and processes, helping all kinds of businesses be better today and tomorrow.
We are experts at delivering enterprise software, tailored solutions, and quality services across some of the world’s most trusted technology ecosystems, including Atlassian, AWS, Slack, GitLab, Monday.com and Aha!
We make change happen. From anywhere.
Our flexible, remote-first way of working means that work can fit around your life, rather than your life fitting around work.
Some of our global benefits include;
- Unlimited Holiday
- Pension matching up to 5%
- Employee assistance programme
- Udemy Online Learning
- Volunteer Days
- Flexible working hours
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Season ticket loan
- Eye Care Vouchers
- Life Assurance
- Income Protection Scheme
- Private Medical with Bupa
- Bring your dog to work
- Adaptavist Rewards
About the team
The Finance team is responsible for processing and managing the day-to-day business transactions that enable the company to thrive as a pioneering leader in the Atlassian ecosystem. The team also offers a well-rounded experience of the foundations of a finance function including tax and compliance. This team is responsible in all aspects of tax compliance, reporting and tax planning for multiple corporate entities that operate globally in different countries.
About the role
Are you someone who has strong interest in tax? Are you someone with good attention to details and eager to learn? If yes, then this role may be a good next step of your career.
In this role, you will play a crucial role in supporting Tax and Finance Accountant in the day-to-day tax related and financial activities. You will work closely with the finance team and provide assistance in tax reporting, compliance and related functions.
What you'll be doing
- Assisting with the preparation of monthly UK VAT returns for a VAT group companies
- Assisting with the preparation of quarterly VAT OSS schedules
- Provide support in the preparation of international sales/services/provincial tax returns for overseas entities
- Preparation of monthly VAT cashflow
- Preparation of monthly EU VAT transactions and schedules for EU VAT reclaims
- Assisting with the preparation of Balance Sheet reconciliations of the sales tax liabilities and the preparation of VAT turnover reconciliations for audit
- Providing assistance with Sales Tax registration in new territories
- Assisting with the preparation of PSA reports
- Assisting with external and internal audit processes
- Support with ad hoc analysis, and any research projects as required
What we're looking for
- Previous experience or exposure and strong interest in direct/indirect taxes
- Previous experience in dealing with international taxes is a plus
- Well-developed communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Working experience in transaction finance & with financial software and tools (Excel VLOOKUP, IF, SUMIF, Pivot)
- Willingness to learn and share knowledge with internal and external team
- Analytical skills, critical thinking, excellent problem-solving and solution finding
- Superior attention to detail in spotting data inconsistencies and problems
- Finance qualification or degree in accounting
At Adaptavist, we are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community, and believe this positively impacts both the creation of our innovative products and our delivery of bespoke solutions to our global customers and our own unique culture. We encourage all qualified applicants, regardless of age, disability, race, sexual orientation, religion or belief, sex, gender identity, pregnancy and maternity, marriage, and civil partnership status. From our family-friendly policies to our flexible work environment we offer a range of benefits and policies in order to support staff from all different backgrounds. If you have any questions, please do ask us.
We look forward to your application!