Senior Product Manager
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Don’t just work for a market leading global company. Help grow one.
American Express' International Card Services (ICS) is a leading issuer and provider of financing and working capital for Consumers and Small/Medium Enterprise customers globally. The ICS Lending vision is to ensure each customer has access to relevant spend capacity, flexible payment options, substantial benefits, and the powerful backing of American Express. This position is responsible for driving incremental revenues to the franchise through activation and optimization of lending features across acquisition and customer segments. Working with marketing, product, servicing, risk, sales, and account development colleagues, you will form part of the ICS Lending Center of Excellence (COE) team focused on enabling growth across ICS markets serving Consumer and Small Business segments.
We are looking for a colleague who can:
- Partner and collaborate with colleagues across international markets to evaluate and identify growth opportunities. Critical to success is to remain focused on initiatives that equip and enable markets with their growth agenda.
- Lead our lending strategy to activate growth: Help identify key unlocks to drive new customer acquisition, implement treatments to drive customer spend, and optimize engagement programs to grow Card lending revenues.
- Drive results to grow our business: You will partner closely with local market colleagues, including marketing and risk, to get results. You will share accountability of increasing lending revenues at pace.
- Turn a love of data into practical insights: Partner with other COE teams to establish consistent use of data to monitor performance, identify growth opportunities, and highlight gaps to advise future strategies.
- Communicate, build, and manage relationships: Take the lead in sharing best practices from across the organisation with key partners to accelerate growth across international markets.
- Lead with an external prospect and customer first attitude: You will maintain an interest in lending to anticipate, identify and act upon opportunities driven by customer trends, regulation, and competition. You will have a strong customer-first approach, able to understand customer needs, and ensure they influence strategic directions. Our 'Customers' include: Local ICS markets partners (Internal Customers), and Consumers and Small Businesses customers/prospect (External Customers)
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way.
When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day. We back our colleagues with the support they need to thrive, professionally and personally. That’s why we have Amex Flex, our enterprise working model that provides greater flexibility to colleagues while ensuring we preserve the important aspects of our unique in-person culture. Depending on role and business needs, colleagues will either work onsite, in a hybrid model (combination of in-office and virtual days) or fully virtually.
- Relevant work experience in a high-growth product management or product marketing team.
- Creative with the ability to frame forward-thinking strategies rooted in data and productive recommendations
- History of strong followership and relationship leadership skills across multiple cross-functional partners who demonstrate strong influencing and collaboration experience.
- Prior experience of lending, product strategy, product development, or product marketing preferred.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to sift through data and hone-in on opportunities to drive future growth.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
Amex have been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to tackle a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com.