Field Sales Manager - South
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
With the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. When you join Team Amex, you become part of a global and diverse community of colleagues with an unwavering commitment to back our customers, communities and each other. Here, you’ll learn and grow as we help you create a career journey that’s unique and meaningful to you with benefits, programs, and flexibility that support you personally and professionally.
At American Express, you’ll be recognized for your contributions, leadership, and impact—every colleague has the opportunity to share in the company’s success. Together, we’ll win as a team, striving to uphold our company values and powerful backing promise to provide the world’s best customer experience every day. And we’ll do it with the utmost integrity, and in an environment where everyone is seen, heard and feels like they belong.
Join Team Amex and let's lead the way together. #LI-Remote
We’re looking for an experienced salesperson to be part of a new team, championing the new merchant coverage strategy in the UK (London and the South of England/Wales and Channel Islands) for the Global Merchant & Network Services (GMNS) organisation in American Express. Growing merchant acceptance is central to American Express’ success and we’re refocusing our efforts on key areas of the UK, to grow merchant acceptance and improve cardmember perception of coverage.
As a sales manager at American Express, you’ll enjoy a collaborative culture; one where you have ultimate control over your earning potential receiving an excellent, uncapped commission package, based on your personal contribution. As you would expect from one of the Sunday Times Top 20 Companies to work for, your successes will be recognized financially as well as great investment in your personal and career growth within American Express supported and encouraged by your leader. We place great importance on doing what is right, what is best and what is innovative. And we continue seeking people to champion these values and beliefs as we grow. The world’s a big place, filled with big ideas and amazing people. And we want the best of them here at American Express. We’re interested in where you came from, but we’re even more passionate about where you will go with American Express.
Go above and beyond at a company that sets the standard for customer-first service.
How will you make an impact in this role?
- Manage a pipeline of named prospects across multiple industries.
- Ownership of your “patch” - responsible for accelerating coverage within a list of postcodes
- Meeting merchants face -to -face across London and the South of England/Wales and Channel Islands
- Establishing a detailed understanding of merchants’ businesses and leverage that knowledge to expertly articulate the Amex value proposition
- Collaborating with other UK sales managers to sign merchants and refer leads
- Developing relationships with internal stakeholders including Marketing, Pricing and Risk
- Guiding your merchants through their first 13 months of Amex acceptance
- Maintaining accurate records in the CRM (Salesforce) and the Custom Contract Tool
- Leading business development projects to contribute towards acquisition, coverage & employee engagement strategies.
- Sharing your insights back to the business on the commercial and payments industry environment in your patch.
- Experience managing a diverse sales pipeline and accelerating deals
- Ability to work and problem-solve independently and collaborate when needed
- Technical and IT skills to support merchant on-boarding in a highly regulated environment
- Strong commercial acumen and results-driven
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to engage with merchants and internal colleagues at every level of the company up to and including board level
- Direct merchant acquiring sales experience is preferred, but not essential
- An interest in the payments industry
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
To complete your application, please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org