Senior Associate UX Writer
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
With the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. When you join Team Amex, you become part of a global and diverse community of colleagues with an unwavering commitment to back our customers, communities and each other. Here, you’ll learn and grow as we help you create a career journey that’s unique and meaningful to you with benefits, programs, and flexibility that support you personally and professionally.
At American Express, you’ll be recognized for your contributions, leadership, and impact—every colleague has the opportunity to share in the company’s success. Together, we’ll win as a team, striving to uphold our company values and powerful backing promise to provide the world’s best customer experience every day. And we’ll do it with the utmost integrity, and in an environment where everyone is seen, heard and feels like they belong.
Join Team Amex and let's lead the way together.
At Enterprise Digital & Data Solutions, we place enormous emphasis on users and usability and we’re re-imagining how commerce and experiences converge in a modern, digital and connected world. Acquisition via digital channels is one of our largest investments and we design and build insight-driven platforms, products and programs that help drive profitable and efficient growth in a customer-centric way.
Our content designers/UX content strategists work closely with product designers, researchers, developers, product owners, marketers, and other partners to create the voice of American Express across digital properties, including web, mobile and partner-led channels. This role primarily focuses on crafting language, developing content strategies and co-designing experiences that are part of the main customer acquisition journey.
We bring American Express’ world-renowned customer service to life through straightforward, customer friendly UX copy. On occasion, we also write, edit, or consult on copy for marketing, social media, legal/compliance, and SEO. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who can combine business and customer needs to drive the digital experience forward.How will you make an impact in this role?
- Transforming ideas, business opportunities, research, and creative vision into compelling, clear, concise, and sometimes persuasive content for the mobile and web digital acquisition journey.
- Supporting senior UX writers/content designers.
- Creating content that adheres to brand strategy, guidelines and voice and tone.
- Optimizing language and content to improve conversion KPIs and other metrics.
- Determining messaging hierarchy so that a user sees information in the most contextual, relevant and meaningful order (including headlines, sub headers and body copy).
- Reviewing and proofreading marketing and product copy created by internal and external partners to ensure it adheres to UX writing best practices, brand guidelines, technical specifications, end-to-end consistency and internal EAUX guidelines.
- Auditing existing live content with the dual aim of making immediate, impactful fixes and identifying longer-term areas for improvement.
- Partnering with legal, compliance, and product to meet regulatory needs.
- Collaborating and communicating ideas with the spirit of camaraderie.
- Presenting work to collaborators and stakeholders with the ability to defend your decisions persuasively.
- Contributing to the creation of team documentation including content design guidelines, onboarding materials and case studies.
- Using feedback and testing takeaways to iterate effectively.
- UX writer with significant years of experience OR UX writer with proven years of experience combined with proven experience copy editing and/or writing other forms of customer-facing content (copywriting, technical writing, journalism, etc.).
- Exceptional attention-to-detail with superior copy-editing skills.
- Highly organized and enjoys documenting processes.
- Advocate for the user.
- Ability to convert research findings and insights into creative solutions.
- Understanding of design processes and how UX content strategy and product design benefit each other.
- Someone who can pivot quickly and work on a wide range of projects
- Excellent writing, grammar and proofreading skills.
- Experience working globally with geographically dispersed teams and varied cultures.
- Superior relationship management skills and ability to influence without authority over a broad group of internal and external partners at a local and global level.
- Knowledge of both UK and US audiences and writing styles.
We back our colleagues and their loved ones with benefits and programs that support their holistic well-being. That means we prioritize their physical, financial, and mental health through each stage of life. Benefits include:
- Competitive base salaries
- Bonus incentives
- Support for financial-well-being and retirement
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and disability benefits (depending on location)
- Flexible working model with hybrid, onsite or virtual arrangements depending on role and business need
- Generous paid parental leave policies (depending on your location)
- Free access to global on-site wellness centers staffed with nurses and doctors (depending on location)
- Free and confidential counseling support through our Healthy Minds program
- Career development and training opportunities
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.