Senior Financial Analyst (10 month secondment)
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
With the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. When you join Team Amex, you become part of a global and diverse community of colleagues with an unwavering commitment to back our customers, communities and each other. Here, you’ll learn and grow as we help you create a career journey that’s unique and meaningful to you with benefits, programs, and flexibility that support you personally and professionally.
At American Express, you’ll be recognized for your contributions, leadership, and impact—every colleague has the opportunity to share in the company’s success. Together, we’ll win as a team, striving to uphold our company values and powerful backing promise to provide the world’s best customer experience every day. And we’ll do it with the utmost integrity, and in an environment where everyone is seen, heard and feels like they belong.
Join Team Amex and let's lead the way together.
The ICS P&L Management team is responsible for ensuring the continued growth of the International Card Services (ICS) organization by leading high-quality analyses that help the business achieve short-, medium- and long-range P&L targets. In addition, the team is responsible for providing financial support and thought leadership to the International Presidents and Country Executive Teams as part of the Winning Country by Country (WCBC) framework, with exposure to Consumer, Commercial, Merchant and Network Business Unit (BU) leaders.
The Senior Finance Analyst, ICS P&L Management, will be based in London. This is a highly visible role with very regular exposure to Senior Leadership. The Senior Finance Analyst will act as a key point of contact between the Lead Financial Officer (LFO) market teams, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Investment Optimization (IO), and COE Finance & Business stakeholders to deliver ICS wide insights. The role is a fantastic opportunity to deepen cross-BU AXP knowledge, lead a wide range of analytics projects spanning across multiple markets, and participate in high-priority strategic projects. Candidates will have high visibility and regular exposure to Senior Leadership including ICS Executive Office and CFO and, as such, the ideal candidate will have a strong background in finance, exceptional analytical abilities, and the ability to tailor sophisticated messages to the appropriate audience.
How will you make an impact in this role?
- Partnering closely with ICS President office to support Opex management for ICS.
- Working with FP&A, IO, Risk Finance, market & central LFO teams, Product teams, and other Finance groups to prepare financial updates and segment review narratives for the ICS President and his Executive team
- Analysing and advising on underlying performance of the ICS business, delivery of financial insights to support business unit reviews (BURs), EC updates and providing context for results
- Leading/facilitating pan-International projects and delivering impactful analytics and Insights across ICS Business
- Conduct insightful, data-informed analytics by leveraging a combination of readily available datasets and dashboard. This will include analyses to ascertain drivers of performance, identify opportunities for growth, review resource optimization and stress test strategic decisions.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and best practices in big data analytics and financial management, incorporating innovative approaches into existing processes.
- Working knowledge of Card Economics, financial margins and their levers in ICS with proven ability to analyse and succinctly communicate drivers of financial performance
- Strong knowledge of finance and business databases and dashboards with prior experience of coding and data modelling a distinct advantage
- Excellent presentational skills, able to simplify the complex and effectively ‘tell the story’
Strong business acumen, able to follow business and industry trends and relate to financial results
- Proven track record of working independently under pressure, multi-tasking and prioritising effectively.
- Ability to collaborate, influence and build strong relationships across groups, working in a complex and multi-stakeholder environment.
- Strong working knowledge of Excel, PPT, Thinkcell, and TM1.
We back our colleagues and their loved ones with benefits and programs that support their holistic well-being. That means we prioritize their physical, financial, and mental health through each stage of life. Benefits include:
- Competitive base salaries
- Bonus incentives
- Support for financial-well-being and retirement
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and disability benefits (depending on location)
- Flexible working model with hybrid, onsite or virtual arrangements depending on role and business need
- Generous paid parental leave policies (depending on your location)
- Free access to global on-site wellness centers staffed with nurses and doctors (depending on location)
- Free and confidential counseling support through our Healthy Minds program
- Career development and training opportunities
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.