Senior Engineer I
Location: West Sussex
Job Type: Full time
You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
With the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. When you join Team Amex, you become part of a global and diverse community of colleagues with an unwavering commitment to back our customers, communities and each other. Here, you’ll learn and grow as we help you create a career journey that’s unique and meaningful to you with benefits, programs, and flexibility that support you personally and professionally.
At American Express, you’ll be recognized for your contributions, leadership, and impact—every colleague has the opportunity to share in the company’s success. Together, we’ll win as a team, striving to uphold our company values and powerful backing promise to provide the world’s best customer experience every day. And we’ll do it with the utmost integrity, and in an environment where everyone is seen, heard and feels like they belong.
Join Team Amex and let's lead the way together.
As part of our diverse tech team, you can work alongside talented engineers in an open, supportive, inclusive environment where your voice is valued and you solve challenging tech problems. Amex offers a range of opportunities to work with the latest technologies and encourages you to back the broader engineering community through open source. And because we understand the importance of keeping your skills fresh and relevant, we give you dedicated time to invest in your professional development.
Find your place in technology on #TeamAmex and let's lead the way together.
How will you make an impact in this role?
- We are looking for a senior engineer with excellent taste in system design and coding style. You will not be part of a single team, rather work across a variety of different groups to coach, mentor and enable their modern software design.
- Our technology stack of choice is React, Kotlin and GCP’s big data tools. Experience with two of these is required, with a desire to learn the other.
- How you communicate your designs and patterns is as important as the correctness, maintainability, and performance. You should have a consistent track record of bringing others with you, even in the face of adversity.
- You will get to work on a greenfield platform with modern technology solving multifaceted technical and business problems.
We back our colleagues and their loved ones with benefits and programs that support their holistic well-being. That means we prioritize their physical, financial, and mental health through each stage of life. Benefits include:
- Competitive base salaries
- Bonus incentives
- Support for financial-well-being and retirement
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and disability benefits (depending on location)
- Flexible working model with hybrid, onsite or virtual arrangements depending on role and business need
- Generous paid parental leave policies (depending on your location)
- Free access to global on-site wellness centers staffed with nurses and doctors (depending on location)
- Free and confidential counseling support through our Healthy Minds program
- Career development and training opportunities
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.