Associate Product Manager - Multi Rail Bill Pay
Location: West Sussex
Job Type: Full time
You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
With the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. When you join Team Amex, you become part of a global and diverse community of colleagues with an unwavering commitment to back our customers, communities and each other. Here, you’ll learn and grow as we help you create a career journey that’s unique and meaningful to you with benefits, programs, and flexibility that support you personally and professionally.
At American Express, you’ll be recognized for your contributions, leadership, and impact - every colleague has the opportunity to share in the company’s success. Together, we’ll win as a team, striving to uphold our company values and powerful backing promise to provide the world’s best customer experience every day. And we’ll do it with the utmost integrity, and in an environment where everyone is seen, heard and feels like they belong.
Join Team Amex and let’s lead the way together.
The core of our company is not just the products we offer, but the personal connections our customers have with our brand. You can create digital experiences– from payments to rewards to servicing– that keep us connected to our customers and serve them at every touchpoint. From digital servicing and lifestyle features to secure, frictionless payment options, you can make a meaningful difference in our customers’ lives and help set us apart in the industry.
As part of the Global Merchant & Network Services group (GMNS), the Network & Acquirer Solutions (NAS) team is at the core of American Express, uniquely positioned to support every business unit and customer across the Enterprise. The American Express Network enables over $1.6 trillion in annual spend, serving our Issuers and Acquirers in more than 170 markets worldwide. We are driving a strategic, multi-year Multi-Rail Payments program to bring all payments together into a center of excellence to drive operational excellence for payment execution, enable innovative payment products, services, and capabilities to be built effectively and efficiently, support our BU strategies more closely, and deliver on our customers’ evolving payment needs.
We are embarking on a large-scale digital transformation program to modernize the Direct Debit platform across our proprietary European markets. We are seeking an experienced product associate who will support with defining and delivering new features to support the capability roadmap and partner with our engineer teams to deliver working software
How will you make an impact in this role?
- Support the Product Manager in driving the roadmap for the platform.
- Work closely with stakeholders gathering requirements
- Understand and document user needs / pain points
- Creating features, business flows and acceptance criteria
- Break down features into user stories. Ensure work focuses on those with maximum value
- Complete research and analyze market trends / regulation
- Participate in team ceremonies; including daily standups, demos and retrospectives
- Follow external industry trends; competitor developments and regulatory changes
- Keep abreast with agile/scrum best practices
- Ability to translate business requirements into user stories & technical specifications into business digestible instructions & guidelines
- Ability to effectively collaborate with internal and external stakeholders and effectively operate in ambiguity and quickly evolving priorities
- Strong collaboration skills, ability to navigate cross functional teams to deliver on shared objectives
- Previous experience managing end-to-end software execution in an agile environment for digital products preferred
- Knowledge of bill payment options, (Direct Debit Push and Pull Payment flows, Real Time Payments and Open Banking etc) would be a plus
- Knowledge of European payment systems and / or second European language would be a plus
We back our colleagues and their loved ones with benefits and programs that support their holistic well-being. That means we prioritize their physical, financial, and mental health through each stage of life. Benefits include:
- Competitive base salaries
- Bonus incentives
- Support for financial-well-being and retirement
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and disability benefits (depending on location)
- Flexible working model with hybrid, onsite or virtual arrangements depending on role and business need
- Generous paid parental leave policies (depending on your location)
- Free access to global on-site wellness centers staffed with nurses and doctors (depending on location)
- Free and confidential counseling support through our Healthy Minds program
- Career development and training opportunities
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.