Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
With the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. When you join Team Amex, you become part of a global and diverse community of colleagues with an unwavering commitment to back our customers, communities and each other. Here, you’ll learn and grow as we help you create a career journey that’s unique and meaningful to you with benefits, programs, and flexibility that support you personally and professionally.
At American Express, you’ll be recognized for your contributions, leadership, and impact—every colleague has the opportunity to share in the company’s success. Together, we’ll win as a team, striving to uphold our company values and powerful backing promise to provide the world’s best customer experience every day. And we’ll do it with the utmost integrity, and in an environment where everyone is seen, heard and feels like they belong.
Join Team Amex and let's lead the way together.
This position is accountable for helping to reduce and control fraud losses with a specific geographic region by conducting internal and external investigation into suspected digital and card payment enabled fraud against American Express with emphasis on routine and moderately complex cases. The incumbent will help ensure the successful prosecution of individuals charged with committing crimes against the company.
This position will report to the Director of investigations and cyber-crime, based in London. The successful candidate will reside within easy commuting distance of the London office, UK and includes providing on call operational support.
The position requires a minimum of two years experience in law enforcement and /or investigative work. The incumbent should have excellent interpersonal skills and a good understanding of verbal and written English as well as being computer literate. There will be a requirement to interact with individuals at all levels of the organisation.
How will you make an impact in this role?
Conduct internal and external investigations of financial fraud against American Express and its subsidiaries by reviewing assigned investigative requests to determine areas requiring further study, gathering and analysing data and digital evidence, coordinating with local law enforcement as appropriate, and conducting field interviews to obtain witness corroboration in an attempt to prove or disprove fraud.
Contribute to ensure the successful prosecution of individuals charged with committing crimes against American Express Company by preparing well documented and well written investigative reports for presentation to prosecutors. This includes personally appearing in court to testify on American Express Company’s behalf as necessary.
Assist to ensure the availability of adequate and timely police support for all field office investigations by establishing, developing and maintaining strong day to day working relationship with UK Law Enforcement community and other intelligence/government agencies.
Contribute to the long term reduction and control of card fraud losses by presenting fraud prevention seminars and workshop sessions to law enforcement agencies and other critical partners both internally and externally.Minimum Qualifications
- Previous job experience is required.
- Proven years experience in law enforcement and /or investigative work.
- University Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
Knowledge and Skills
- The incumbent must demonstrate skills in conducting investigations into significant and/or sophisticated cases of financial, card payment and digital enabled fraud events.
- Strong ability to analyze large data sets and understand the complexity of fraud activity
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills, analytic writing, interpersonal collaborative skills in order to establish credibility and maintain productive working relationships.
- Interview victim, claimants, witnesses, suspects and potential suspects; record statements.
- Able to assemble a case for prosecutors including the gathering of evidence, summarizing findings in well written professional reports and understanding the Company’s privacy codes regarding the release of information.
- Work as part of a team to evaluate and analyse key data that will be used to shape investigative strategies.
- Understands fraud trends and emerging threats within the card payment environment.
- Have the ability to work both independently and as part of a team, at times to tight deadlines, as well as being able to manage their own workload and diary.
- Experience with Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Internally the incumbent has direct daily dealings with all levels of management. In addition, the agent will work closing with various internal departments that provide support to Global Security and it’s mission; cultivates relationships with internal key stakeholders. Liaise with these partners to obtain information to aid investigation, clarification of procedures, and requirements for protection of company assets.
- The incumbent has regular dealings with law enforcement and government agencies. Interact with the general public and cardmembers as necessary, Service Establishment personnel at all levels, security personnel, other companies, and law enforcement agencies.
- The incumbent will lead on investigations and determine how the fraud was committed and subsequently identifying the extent of any associated fraud losses. This requires the ability to quickly analyse the matter and apply their investigative/analytical abilities to quickly understand the event, quantify the loss, vulnerability and to effectively utilise the resources available to develop a comprehensive report for referral to law enforcement.
- In conjunction with their supervisor, the incumbent establishes priorities for their case workload. In addition, they recommend when to use confidential sources of information and evaluates the importance and accuracy of information received. The incumbent makes recommendations concerning the course of action to be followed during the investigation, and ensure they follow established investigations policies and procedures.
We back our colleagues and their loved ones with benefits and programs that support their holistic well-being. That means we prioritize their physical, financial, and mental health through each stage of life. Benefits include:
- Competitive base salaries
- Bonus incentives
- Support for financial-well-being and retirement
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and disability benefits (depending on location)
- Flexible working model with hybrid, onsite or virtual arrangements depending on role and business need
- Generous paid parental leave policies (depending on your location)
- Free access to global on-site wellness centers staffed with nurses and doctors (depending on location)
- Free and confidential counseling support through our Healthy Minds program
- Career development and training opportunities
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
To completeyourapplication, pleaseclick on the linksbelow. However, ifyourequireanyassistance with the completion of thisprocess – orneedanyreasonableadjustments to be made – thenpleasecontact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com