Manager, Performance & Insights
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
With the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. When you join Team Amex, you become part of a global and diverse community of colleagues with an unwavering commitment to back our customers, communities and each other. Here, you’ll learn and grow as we help you create a career journey that’s unique and meaningful to you with benefits, programs, and flexibility that support you personally and professionally.
At American Express, you’ll be recognized for your contributions, leadership, and impact—every colleague has the opportunity to share in the company’s success. Together, we’ll win as a team, striving to uphold our company values and powerful backing promise to provide the world’s best customer experience every day. And we’ll do it with the utmost integrity, and in an environment where everyone is seen, heard and feels like they belong.
Join Team Amex and let's lead the way together.
American Express Global Commercial Services (GCS) is the Global leader in the Commercial Payments Solutions space and continues to be an exciting and fast-growing business. To maintain this success, the organization must accelerate sales and drive profitable charge volume growth. The Global Sales Enablement, Pricing & Transformation (SPT) team within GCS is instrumental in ensuring achievement of these objectives. The Director position within SPT offers you the opportunity to be part of this dynamic organization and help GCS navigate towards growth.This role is responsible for supporting the International Client Management (CLM) and Business Development (BD) organization, based in London, and will report to the Director – Performance & Insights for International G&L.
This role will work collaboratively with the BD and CLM organization to define success metrics, set portfolios, and define targets for a ~250-person segment. The Manager will also provide strategic analyses and insights on business performance, while recommending strategies to drive profitable growth in International.
This is an excellent opportunity for an analytical thinker with strong intellectual curiosity, strategic mindset, technical data knowledge, and project management skills who is comfortable working with geographically dispersed business partners and
How will you make an impact in this role?
- Provide strategic thought leadership, including managing segmentation strategy, performance measurement approach as well as ongoing client level insights to drive business growth for the Intl GCG & GBD segment.
- Design and lead the management of monthly and annual performance planning and reporting and insights processes to help drive profitable growth for Intl GCG.
- Lead data structure framework and master data management for the international business.
- Ensure optimal channel performance through providing proactive business analyses and actionable insights for quick implementation. Champion data driven decision making and collaborate with partners to assess and optimize business performance.
- Manage relationships with International GCG leaders to drive success for their organization by means of providing insights that identify pockets of growth as well as contribute to ad hoc projects that drive medium to long term strategy.
- Act as a liaison with numerous teams (Finance, GBS, SFDC etc) to drive innovation, identify and transfer best practices. Drive continuous transformation and automation & process re-engineering.
- Strong commercial acumen with an ability to understand business planning cycles, performance management and resource planning. Knowledge of Global Commercial Services business a plus.
- Highly self-motivated individual with an ability to drive results and work with ambiguity.
- Exceptional communication skills – verbal, written and through presentations.
- Ability to break down complex ideas into understandable and actionable messages.
- Working knowledge of Cornerstone, SQL strongly preferred.
- Strong financial modeling/analytical skills with an excellent eye for detail.
- Ability to handle a high pressure environment with aggressive deadlines as well as work with confidential information.
- Significant years of experience in field performance planning, data structuring, corporate finance or related fields.
We back our colleagues and their loved ones with benefits and programs that support their holistic well-being. That means we prioritize their physical, financial, and mental health through each stage of life. Benefits include:
- Competitive base salaries
- Bonus incentives
- Support for financial-well-being and retirement
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and disability benefits (depending on location)
- Flexible working model with hybrid, onsite or virtual arrangements depending on role and business need
- Generous paid parental leave policies (depending on your location)
- Free access to global on-site wellness centers staffed with nurses and doctors (depending on location)
- Free and confidential counseling support through our Healthy Minds program
- Career development and training opportunities
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
To completeyourapplication, pleaseclick on the linksbelow. However, ifyourequireanyassistance with the completion of thisprocess – orneedanyreasonableadjustments to be made – thenpleasecontact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com