Member Services Professional, American Express Centurion Lounge Heathrow
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
With the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. When you join Team Amex, you become part of a global and diverse community of colleagues with an unwavering commitment to back our customers, communities and each other. Here, you’ll learn and grow as we help you create a career journey that’s unique and meaningful to you with benefits, programs, and flexibility that support you personally and professionally.
At American Express, you’ll be recognized for your contributions, leadership, and impact—every colleague has the opportunity to share in the company’s success. Together, we’ll win as a team, striving to uphold our company values and powerful backing promise to provide the world’s best customer experience every day. And we’ll do it with the utmost integrity, and in an environment where everyone is seen, heard and feels like they belong.
Join Team Amex and let's lead the way together.
The role of the Member Service Professional (MSP) will be to deliver superior service to Card Members visiting the American Express Centurion Lounge, located in the London Heathrow Airport. MSPs will be the face of American Express to our customers, acting as ambassadors of the brand. Working as a cohesive team, they will have the ability to excite our customers and deliver on the brand promise. A successful MSP within the Centurion Lounge will have a passion for delivering extraordinary service to our best Card Members, in a customer facing environment. Our MSPs are highly skilled and motivated, providing travel, card, concierge and lifestyle services to American Express Card Members. Acting as a consultant, our MSPs will tailor our products and services to assist Card Members with their immediate needs and deepening their relationship with American Express.
It is our mission to become essential to our Card Members by providing differentiated products and services. It is our duty to make Membership come to life every day. MSPs do this by:
- Welcoming and providing access to our Card Members upon arrival at reception
- Being accountable and taking ownership of the customer’s experience from beginning to end
- Creating innovative ways to resolve customers’ issues or concerns to win their brand loyalty; ultimately making loyal enthusiast out of the customer
- Employing the Customer First philosophy in meeting customers’ needs and expectations
- Providing concierge and lifestyle recommendation
- Providing travel consultation and minimal reservation assistance
- Accommodating needs of our Card Members, by partnering with our food and beverage lounge partners
Lounge Hours of operation are from 05:30am – 10:00pm Monday-Sunday. Hours are subject to change due to business need.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.K. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
A successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Minimum of 1 year recent experience servicing premium customers
- Airline, lounge or travel industry experience required, including reservation experience
- Passion for servicing customers with proactive solutions
- Exceptional communication skills, delighting the customer with every single interaction
- The ability to listen to the customer’s needs, in turn offering confident recommendations, resulting in high satisfaction from the customer with the service they received
- Must exhibit the utmost professionalism and maintain a positive attitude in all interactions
- The ability to rely and collaborate with your colleagues is essential, as the lounge is a very active, fast-paced, team environment
- Ability to make decisions quickly and effectively, when unanticipated situations may arise, putting the Card Members’ experience at the forefront of everything you do
- Must be resourceful and capable of using the Internet effectively to research
- Adapt to an ever changing environment and being resilient
- Ability to work flexible shifts including nights, weekends, additional hours when needed and holidays is essential
- Light to moderate lifting may be required for certain job tasks
We back our colleagues and their loved ones with benefits and programs that support their holistic well-being. That means we prioritize their physical, financial, and mental health through each stage of life. Benefits include:
- Competitive base salaries
- Bonus incentives
- Support for financial-well-being and retirement
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and disability benefits (depending on location)
- Flexible working model with hybrid, onsite or virtual arrangements depending on role and business need
- Generous paid parental leave policies (depending on your location)
- Free access to global on-site wellness centers staffed with nurses and doctors (depending on location)
- Free and confidential counseling support through our Healthy Minds program
- Career development and training opportunities
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.