Business Development Manager – UK Strategic Sales
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
With the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. When you join Team Amex, you become part of a global and diverse community of colleagues with an unwavering commitment to back our customers, communities and each other. Here you’ll learn and grow as we help you create a career journey that’s unique and meaningful to you, with benefits, programs and flexibility that support you professional and personally.At American Express, you’ll be recognized for your contributions, leadership and impact – every colleague has the opportunity to share in the company’s success. Together, we’ll win as a team, striving to uphold our company values and powerful backing promise to provide the world’s best customer experience every day. And we’ll do it with the utmost integrity, and in an environment where everyone is seen, heard and feels like they belong.
Join Team Amex and let’s lead the way together.
The Strategic Sales Team is a high performing, customer facing, field based sales team prospecting to companies with turnovers of between £50 and £300m. Our mission is to deliver sustainable profitable growth for the Corporate UK Card Services organization. This exciting role provides a great opportunity for an experienced Sales Manager to thrive and shine through overperformance in an inclusive, supportive and collaborative team (all with a dash of healthy competition)! The primary focus is to sell both Travel and Entertainment and Business to Business payment solutions leveraging American Express’ core products such as Business Travel Account, Corporate Card, and Corporate Purchasing Cards.
- Proven track record of over performance in a corporate sales environment
- Experience in selling both T&E and B2B payment solutions
- Face to face commercial sales experience preferable
- Ability to navigate matrix organizations and to influence multiple stakeholders
- Experience in data insight led self-generation strategies
- Proven experience in selling to C suite in corporate companies #
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong commercial acumen and understanding of P&L construct
- Contract negotiation including financial incentives
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong rapport building and networking capabilities
- Understanding of risk factors affecting commercial deal negotiation
We back our colleagues and their loved ones with benefits and programs that support their holistic well-being. That means we prioritize their physical, financial, and mental health through each stage of life. Benefits include:
- Competitive base salaries
- Bonus incentives
- Support for financial-well-being and retirement
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and disability benefits (depending on location)
- Flexible working model with hybrid, onsite or virtual arrangements depending on role and business need
- Generous paid parental leave policies (depending on your location)
- Free access to global on-site wellness centers staffed with nurses and doctors (depending on location)
- Free and confidential counseling support through our Healthy Minds program
- Career development and training opportunities
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.