Senior Financial Analyst
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
With the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. When you join Team Amex, you become part of a global and diverse community of colleagues with an unwavering commitment to back our customers, communities and each other. Here, you’ll learn and grow as we help you create a career journey that’s unique and meaningful to you with benefits, programs, and flexibility that support you personally and professionally.
At American Express, you’ll be recognized for your contributions, leadership, and impact—every colleague has the opportunity to share in the company’s success. Together, we’ll win as a team, striving to uphold our company values and powerful backing promise to provide the world’s best customer experience every day. And we’ll do it with the utmost integrity, and in an environment where everyone is seen, heard and feels like they belong.
Join Team Amex and let's lead the way together.
The International Card Services (ICS) Investment Optimization team provides decision support by evaluating and prioritizing Prospect (new card members) and Customer (existing card members) Acquisition as well as Non-Acquisition (spend engagement, benefits reinforcement, etc.) investments.
The role is within the Planning vertical within the team, facing off multiple stakeholders across Marketing, Finance, ICS Center of Excellence (COE) and Risk to assess the impact of key marketing strategies. It is a high-visibility role with frequent exposure to senior leaders in Business and Finance organizations. As such, the ideal candidate must possess not only exceptional analytical acumen, but also excellent communication skills and the ability to tailor complex messages to the appropriate audience in a collaborative manner.
How will you make an impact in this role?
- Develop business cases, analyze past portfolio performance, and channel profitability to optimize AXP’s advertising and promotion investment pool.
- Collaborate with Marketing and Finance on day-to-day investment management ranging from evaluating new campaigns, de-funding poor performing campaigns, investment budget optimization and allocation, results tracking and forecasting.
- Support quarterly R&Os and annual Planning cycle, including optimization of initiatives across ICS.
- Evaluate different acquisition offer constructs and recommend new offers and campaigns to drive incremental revenue.
- Liaise with Corporate Planning on IO platform enhancements.
- Become knowledgeable in the card member value/ROI models that are used for investment optimization and ad-hoc business cases.
- Support strategic business analysis across the organization aimed at providing decision support to ICS leadership.
- Manage relationships across the cross-functional team (Marketing, COE, Risk, and Finance) will be a key component to success in the role.
- Demonstrated excellent strategic thought leadership skills and creativity, as well as strong financial and analytical skills.
- Solid understanding of financial statements, discounted equity cash flow valuation and card economics.
- Ability to create and maintain financial and economic models.
- Highly motivated individual with desire to work on ambiguous projects and ability to break down complex ideas into understandable and actionable messages.
- Strong communication skills and ability to build relationships with finance and business partners by influencing decisions with sound logic and analytics.
- Conceptual mindset that can be applied to driving new solutions.
- Resilient, proactive, and able to thrive under pressure.
- Experience in implementing and utilizing visualization and database management tools preferred.
We back our colleagues and their loved ones with benefits and programs that support their holistic well-being. That means we prioritize their physical, financial, and mental health through each stage of life. Benefits include:
- Competitive base salaries
- Bonus incentives
- Support for financial-well-being and retirement
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and disability benefits (depending on location)
- Flexible working model with hybrid, onsite or virtual arrangements depending on role and business need
- Generous paid parental leave policies (depending on your location)
- Free access to global on-site wellness centers staffed with nurses and doctors (depending on location)
- Free and confidential counseling support through our Healthy Minds program
- Career development and training opportunities
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.