Business Development Manager
Location: Greater Manchester
Job Type: Full time
You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
With the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. When you join Team Amex, you become part of a global and diverse community of colleagues with an unwavering commitment to back our customers, communities and each other. Here, you’ll learn and grow as we help you create a career journey that’s unique and meaningful to you with benefits, programs, and flexibility that support you personally and professionally.
At American Express, you’ll be recognized for your contributions, leadership, and impact—every colleague has the opportunity to share in the company’s success. Together, we’ll win as a team, striving to uphold our company values and powerful backing promise to provide the world’s best customer experience every day. And we’ll do it with the utmost integrity, and in an environment where everyone is seen, heard and feels like they belong.
Join Team Amex and let's lead the way together.
Our Global Commercial Payment team offers businesses of all sizes awarding winning payment solutions that provides greater rewards, improved cash flow and visibility and control of spend. We are looking for driven sales professionals to join the International Card Services (ICS) line of our business, in Manchester in the role of Business Development Manager, which provides and exciting opportunity for a dedicated candidate.
We’re looking for a mix of people, you can be entry-level or have some previous sales experience - as long as you can demonstrate a record of success and the right personality for the role.
At American Express the SME segment offers out standing growth and has outstanding focus, investment and driving our growth strategy in the UK market. This is a telephone based role, highly exciting sales role with an excellent package including uncapped commission and incentive scheme. It requires creativity, entrepreneurship coupled with all the traits that make a sales person successful.
What are AMEX looking for?
- Not mandatory – but previous sales experience preferred
- Educated to degree level
- Dedicated and results oriented with a positive outlook and a clear focus on over delivering on your target
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- A natural forward planner who is highly organized and has the ability to handle multiple customers at different stages of the sales process
- Mature, credible and comfortable in dealing with senior company executives.
Reliable, resilient and driven with a real “Will to win”.
- Outstanding communication and organisation skills
- A will to win/ desire to be the best
- Personal accountability team worker
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
We back our colleagues and their loved ones with benefits and programs that support their holistic well-being. That means we prioritize their physical, financial, and mental health through each stage of life. Benefits include:
- Competitive base salaries
- Bonus incentives
- Support for financial-well-being and retirement
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and disability benefits (depending on location)
- Flexible working model with hybrid, onsite or virtual arrangements depending on role and business need
- Generous paid parental leave policies (depending on your location)
- Free access to global on-site wellness centers staffed with nurses and doctors (depending on location)
- Free and confidential counseling support through our Healthy Minds program
- Career development and training opportunities
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.