Enterprise Head of AZ COMMERCIAL Architecture
Location: Cheshire East, Luton, Wilmington, Delaware
Job Type: Full time
Enterprise Head of AZ COMMERCIAL Architecture
Do you have expertise in, and passion for, Architecture? Would you like to apply your expertise to impact a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? If so, AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven BioPharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious disease. But we’re more than one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies.
At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration. Always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development.
ABOUT OUR IT ARCHITECTURE TEAM
As Architects, we connect the dots across the business to improve the agility and functionality of our processes to accelerate AstraZeneca to the next level. There’s so much potential to influence and inspire change, it’s a big challenge if you’re up for it. As champions of our Technology ecosystem, we make sure the rest of the business experiences the true benefits of our systems. Uniting diverse areas and simplifying the way we work, changing approaches and behaviours along the way – our reach goes beyond technology. It starts with a comprehensive view, connecting emerging trends with business ambitions and applying emotional intelligence to understand how we can guide the right way to work and behave. Across the enterprise and each technology domain we come together to find leading solutions that will provide the platform for AstraZeneca’s success. Change agents, we are always proactively hunting for new insights and problem-solving to identify better ways of doing things. Motivated by the opportunities to learn and grow, we move fast and drive forward. Lay the foundations for future technological and people-driven success across AstraZeneca.
ABOUT THE ROLE?
The Enterprise Head of Enterprise Technology Services (AZ COMMERCIAL) Architecture has overall accountability for the architecture across the AZ Commercial landscape into other AZ business domains through strong collaboration with the other Heads of Architecture. The architectures will support the AZ business and IT’s AZ Commercial strategy. The Enterprise Head of AZ Commercial Architecture will be accountable for creating the relevant AZ standards, patterns and roadmaps and ensuring AZ Commercial architectures are fully conformant with them. The role will be responsible for partnering with key business teams, IT Leadership teams and other Heads of Architecture to develop the overall strategic position for AstraZeneca’s Digital and Architectural landscape, aligned to business strategies and visions. The role will also be accountable for the overall health and effectiveness of key architecture processes such as standards and lifecycle management. The Enterprise Head of AZ Commercial Architecture will inspire change across EA and will proactively address industry trends in the definition of AZ’s vision. The role acts as a sponsor or steering group member of projects with a cross-functional or enterprise-wide scope.
AZ Commercial is a multi-faceted, global organization responsible for the curation and delivery of core technology services to the corporation
The ideal candidate would be a subject-matter expert across all representative operational domains.
Of particular emphasis, the ideal candidate would possess significant experience and competence in the following:
- Strong Enterprise Architecture, methods, thinking and experience, leading and managing fusion teams.
- Native Cloud Strategy and Architecture, including AWS, Azure and MultiCloud Environments
- Network Strategies and Architecture
- Cross-functional Enterprise Infrastructure Platforms
- Cybersecurity Strategies and Operations
- Enterprise SaaS Implementations, including O365, PowerApps, and ServiceNow
- Technology roadmaps, assessments, and recommendations
- Agile/Lean Frameworks and Methodologies
- Business Capability and Value Stream Mapping
- Provide Enterprise Design thinking and support to AZ Commercial across the Enterprise, application and infrastructure domains of architecture and ensure the integration with data/information architecture designs
- Define the architecture strategy, direction, and standards pertinent for the AZ Commercial Segment
- Manages performance and development of a distributed team of Architects across various technology domains to define and deliver end to end architecture solutions
- Defines, and enforces compliance with architecture strategy and principles, policies, and standards to produce function-specific reference architectures and solutions
- Partner closely with AZ Commercial service/engineering teams in refining architecture patterns, designs, and blueprints
- Manage relationships with AZ Commercial leadership to influence adoption of enterprise architecture frameworks, standards, and policies
- Drives and influences the development of global enterprise standards for the central Architecture & Technology Strategy function.
- Act as an authority to the architecture community and the business regarding strategic architecture decisions for AZ Commercial
- Refine architecture strategies, direction, standards, and patterns as required
- Lead the development of Architecture Roadmaps and Blueprints (1-5 Year horizon)
- Ensure continuous alignment of capabilities with current business priorities and objectives
- Will be a contributing member of cross-functional decision-making bodies.
- Acts as a sign off authority for solution and segment architectures as well as architecture blueprints and roadmaps
- Champion AZ Commercial EA initiatives across IT (and business)
- Engage and build network with external architecture subject matter experts to remain up to date with latest trends and technologies in AZ Commercial
- Act as strategic architectural advisor for senior IT and Business management
- Ensure AZ Commercial Architectures are in alignment with Global strategies and solutions
- Analyse IT industry and market trends and determine potential impact upon enterprise
- Establish partnerships with key AZ Commercial technology suppliers
- Provide thought leadership and advanced technical expertise for enterprise AZ Commercial architecture across IT
- Drive the continuous development of the Architecture Capability within IT, by championing and encouraging standard process sharing
- Cost reductions (efficiency)
- Adoption of new technology against Architecture strategy roadmap (adoption would be the critical metric)
- Vendor management
- Regulatory compliance
- Team engagement
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED?
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent number of years of experience in Computer Science or Information Technologies
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity leading a distributed team
- Able to influence and deliver strategic vision, direction, and planning
- The role holder will possess a blend of infrastructure architecture, analysis, and engineering skills
- Experience in MultiCloud architectural strategies and patterns
- Understands cloud-based containerization strategies for hybrid cloud environments
- Extensive experience in a Senior Infrastructure architecture leadership role
- Extensive experience with Cloud Adoption and Migration
- Experience creating and managing agile teams
- Infrastructure FinOps
WHY JOIN US?
We’re a network of entrepreneurial self-starters who contribute to something far bigger. There’s a diversity of expertise in our Technology group that’s unique to AstraZeneca – it allows us to dive deep into
exploring new groundbreaking technology. We enable AstraZeneca to perform at its peak by delivering world-class technology and data solutions. Our work unlocks the potential of science. We optimise and evolutionise AstraZeneca by maximising efficiencies and finding new ways to drive productivity. From automation to data simplification. We’re not afraid to take ownership and run with it. Empowered with unrivalled freedom. A place to be open and transparent – we speak up, think creatively and share ideas. Our diverse contributions help us to make better decisions. But we have a constant drive to innovate,
and an appreciation for high standards. It takes challenging the status quo to contribute in our ever-evolving environment. We love it here because put simply, we make a meaningful impact.
Technology at AstraZeneca is a home for purposeful disruptors!
SO, WHAT’S NEXT?
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we’d love to hear from you! Click the link to apply and we’ll be in touch as soon as we can.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
Competitive salary & benefits on offer.
Open Date: 04/11/2022
Close Date: 04/12/2022
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.