Global Commercial Head, Lynparza
Location: Cambridgeshire, Gaithersburg, Maryland
Job Type: Full time
Do you have expertise and passion for global oncology product launches? Would you like to apply that expertise to impact the lives of patients in a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines?
Then AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
Join our journey to become a leader in Oncology. Our pipeline is one of the deepest and broadest in the industry, with countless new indications and targets. It’s outstanding to get our medicines to market, work with ground breaking science and be involved in the next big thing.
What you’ll do:
We have a rare opportunity to join the Oncology Business Unit as the Global Commercial Head LYNPARZA. This position will drive the commercial success of our multi-blockbuster brand LYNPARZA across multiple tumour areas. This includes building and leading the global commercial strategy for our launches and crafting the commercial strategy for emerging indications and emerging brands/combinations in the franchise.
The position provides the leadership, intellectual impetus and sense of urgency to develop and carry out the Franchise business plan to achieve revenue and earning objectives and to improve the overall Oncology commercial promise.
With LYNPARZA, we are already leading across four tumour areas where we have transformed patient pathways and outcomes around the world for patients with PARP-dependent tumours. Yet with our continued global launches and anticipated phase III data readouts we are embarking on a period of growth. There has never been a better time to join and lead our global commercial Lynparza team!
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Accountable for ensuring compelling global and in country strategies across all indications, with strong execution
- Lead the global commercial teams and extended cross-functional team (Diagnostics, GA&I, P&MA, Medical Affairs)
- Set the tone for the organization, ensuring transparency on the ambition and vision behind the brand
- Ensure a strong commercial voice into the global product teams to craft future scenario planning, development plans and key investment decisions (IDs)
- Contribute to broader Oncology therapy area strategy and tumour specific leadership plans.
- Develop impactful launch strategies and associated plans (incl. resources/programs)
- Ensure country launch readiness and excellence, with capability builds
- Represent all commercial related matters to senior executives and governance committees.
- Work with your extended team to deliver a balanced pricing and access strategy, and a comprehensive external engagement plan (incl. clinical experts, policy, patient advocacy)
- Build and lead an outstanding team
Education & Knowledge
- Business or scientific graduate degree
- Knowledge & experience of drug development, particularly Phase II through to launch
Experience & Expertise
- High learning agility
- Broad commercial competence – with evidence of strong commercial execution on a country level and sophisticated problem-solving skills
- Launch experience (globally and locally)
- Strong critical thinking, judgement and influencing skills, to influence R&D to ensure strong commercial focus & senior leaders
- Strong leadership attributes to set direction, generate dedication, balance short and long term needs, constructively resolve issues
- Proven experience and knowledge of a broad base of external customers including patients, prescribers, payors and providers.
- Sufficient understanding of technical risks and the commercial implications
- Strong understanding of key marketing skills
- P&L Management
Education & Knowledge
- Medical and/or PhD educated, preferably in Oncology or equivalent experience
- MBA, MD or PhD
- Launch experience in oncology
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.