Biologics Key Account Manager - Midlands
Job Type: Full time
Biologics Account Manager
Location - Midlands
Competitive Salary & Benefits
Are you ready to be a part of the Biopharmaceuticals Business Unit at AstraZeneca? We are seeking a Biologics Account Manager who will be responsible for generating clinical demand for Respiratory Biologics brands with key accounts. This role involves pro-actively identifying business opportunities, presenting value propositions aligned to stakeholder needs and objectives, and recommending solutions to drive and develop business. You will also develop strategic and mutually beneficial relationships with the Multi-Disciplinary Team (MDT).
As a Biologics Account Manager, your primary objective is to exceed sales targets for the allocated brands through exceptional account management and operational excellence. To achieve this, you will work closely with the National Sales Manager and cross-functional stakeholders to identify potential barriers to prescribing and new patient starts within your assigned accounts. You are accountable for the development and implementation of the clinical network account plan and inputting into the new start acceleration account plan, ensuring alignment with national brand strategy. In addition, you will prioritise delivering high-quality sales interactions with both clinical and payer customers, ensuring a deep understanding of their needs and pain points. By building strong relationships and providing tailored solutions, aim to drive growth and increase brand share within the accounts. To ensure compliance with all relevant governance frameworks (CDTI & ABPI), you will maintain up-to-date knowledge of industry regulations and guidelines, and adhere to established processes and procedures at all times by prioritising operational excellence and compliance.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Full driving licence
- ABPI qualification
- Significant Secondary Care sales experience with a sound knowledge of account management
- Proven experience of working in complex cross-functional teams
- Business or Commercial related degree
- Wellard’s diploma or equivalent
- Significant Pharmaceutical sales experience in one or more of the areas below: Respiratory Biologics products, High-Cost Specialist Medicines (specialised commissioning), Secondary Care Respiratory and Biologics (other therapeutic areas)
- Experience of influencing successfully in a complex organisation
- Proven track record of launching secondary care medicine/worked in an environment with rapidly shifting clinical and treatment paradigms
At AstraZeneca, we are at the forefront of medical innovation. Our unique position as medical leaders across our enterprise and the healthcare ecosystem allows us to shape the future of Healthcare. We provide medical leadership across the whole product lifecycle - from advising on Research & Development investment decisions, to leading pre-launch scientific efforts and accelerating evidence-based healthcare changes in the real world. Join us to be scientific ambassadors for AstraZeneca, equipped with the knowledge you'll need to keep pace with rapid complex science and the latest changes in medical practice and therapeutics worldwide.
At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration, and always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development. We’re on an exciting journey to pioneer the future of healthcare.
So, what’s next?
- Are you already envisioning yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you.
- Are you ready to bring new ideas and fresh thinking to the table? Brilliant! We have one seat available, and we hope it’s yours.
Ready to make a meaningful impact on patients' lives and your personal growth? Apply now to join our thriving BioPharmaceuticals team!
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram
Closing DateOur mission is to build an inclusive and equitable environment. We want people to feel they belong at AstraZeneca and Alexion, starting with our recruitment process. We welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of characteristics. We offer reasonable adjustments/accommodations to help all candidates to perform at their best. If you have a need for any adjustments/accommodations, please complete the section in the application form.