Health Economics Intern
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Description and deliverables:
Working with the AZ Market Access team, you will:
- Conduct a literature review (inc. previous NICE TAs) to identify parameters and validate assumptions
- Evaluate the treatment and disease landscape, extracting insights regarding potential opportunities/challenges
- Source UK cost and outcome data from NHS references, UK HTAs and relevant literature to incorporate into cost-utility analysis
- Develop a model protocol (slide deck summary) to articulate the modelling approach and key details
- Construct an oncology health state model (in MS Excel), incorporating sensitivity analyses (e.g., deterministic and probabilistic analysis) to account for potential uncertainties
- Utilise online software to digitise published survival data for the calculation of transitions between health states
- Customise the economic model to align with NICE methods guidelines and conduct an assessment to determine if eligible for NICE severity modifier for health technologies
- Summarise the entire process and findings in a comprehensive dissertation report
- Present findings to the Market Access Team
What are we looking for?
At AstraZeneca, we put patients first and strive to meet their unmet needs worldwide. We’re deeply committed to our strategy of being a great place to work. For us, that includes fostering an environment where everyone can be among inclusive, supportive individuals with curious minds.
A company that genuinely follows the science and values individuals at all levels, you’ll be backed and encouraged to speak up, ask questions, and share ideas to push the boundaries of science and continuously learn and explore.
Our purpose is bold and so is our approach. Becoming a more agile and innovative company means building a dynamic, inspiring culture where we celebrate entrepreneurial thinking and act with a sense of urgency. We are courageous, taking risks and learning from both success and failure. We are curious, creative, and open to new ideas and ways of working. Above all, we are passionate about science and driven to always put patients first. When you join us, you will be part of a great place to work; in an environment that energizes and empowers each of us to achieve our goal to develop and deliver medicines.
Closing Date06-Mar-2024Our mission is to build an inclusive and equitable environment. We want people to feel they belong at AstraZeneca and Alexion, starting with our recruitment process. We welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of characteristics. We offer reasonable adjustments/accommodations to help all candidates to perform at their best. If you have a need for any adjustments/accommodations, please complete the section in the application form.